About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- To supervise and control the day to day activities in accordance to established procedures
- To support the development of the Securities Services processing systems to meet local and business needs and more importantly in meeting the needs of the clients
- To implement quality initiatives and activities of the division in accordance to the Group's Quality System.
- To perform specific duties as instructed by the team management in accordance to the relevant procedures, guidelines, instructions and standards set in order to meet the productivity and service standards set
- Assist Head Securities Services by consistently deliver high quality service to customers through meeting or exceeding customer expectation guided by the Service Level Agreement, efficiency/accuracy standards and good business processes/ judgments.
- Assist Head Securities Services in managing the cost budget allocated to the team by ensuring optimum utilization of available resources, implementation of creative cost-reduction solutions and minimizing wastage.
- Assist in Managing the operational risk of the team to avoid operational/ reputational losses and ensure awareness and full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct imposed by the Company/Group.
- Support the roll-out of appropriate quality management systems in the team to measure the qualitative performance of the team/individuals, facilitate improvement initiatives and help cultivate a "Service Excellence" culture among the team members.
- Verify and release transactions processed by Associates and authorize those that fall within own-delegated release authority.
- Checking of and/or approving instructions against Securities Services system.
- Assist the team management in overseeing the daily operations of the team and contribute towards meeting the team's objectives.
- Ensure that the set productivity targets (efficiency, accuracy, etc.), defect management and processing turnaround standards are achieved (within own area of responsibility).
- Contribute to the development of associates by guiding, coaching, motivating, supporting and assisting selected number of associates.
- Support the roll-out of appropriate quality management systems and other initiatives by the Company/Group.
- Be guided accordingly and aware of the roles and responsibilities for money laundering preventation as stipulated in the Money Laundering Preventation (MLP) Group Policy, Money Laundering & Suspicious Transaction Guidelines for Securities Services Management, Suspicious Money Laundering Transaction Reporting Procedures and / or Monitoring Checklist, and Escalation Procedure for Suspicious Money Laundering Transactions.
- Ensure due care and diligence is exercised on day to day operational matters relating to Money Laundering and KYC, acquiring relevant knowledge and training; thus, providing support to superiors and subordinates.
- Conforming and adhering to the Team's risk profile, by following the guidelines / policies / procedures stipulated for Operation Losses, Escalation Procedures, Securities Services Policies, etc
- Key Control Standards Assessment within department with nil over dues.
- Follow up on corrective/ preventive actions to a point where concerns arising from these findings are addressed to a satisfactory level.
- Ensure awareness and full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, (including Sanctions Policy) guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct imposed by the Company/Group.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.