Talend Big Data Developer
a) Key responsibilities and duties
b) Working Experience / skill sets required
- Provide and develop production grade Talend Big Data jobs with considerations on meeting the IT organization's architecture standards.
- Work closely with data modelers/ system analysts on the required data interface/ requirement specifications.
- Conduct technical session/ clarification with data modelers and sub-system team's prior solution design, coding, and unit testing
- Document and review design of Talend Big Data jobs and interface specification
- Implement error and exception handling
- Import jobs to Talend Data Catalogue
- Integrate Talend jobs with Autosys and restart failed jobs from Autosys
- Perform technical impact assessment, source code release and deployment checklist
- Validate built conformance to required specifications
- Able to self-learn/ pick up application setup and support from vendor
- Work effectively with peers and vendors to develop, setup and support IFRS17 application and data integration
- Support SIT and UAT activities e.g., perform defect analysis, troubleshooting and fixing
- Coordinate and support Performance and Security Testing activities e.g., environment setup and test scope
- Coordinate with infrastructure team on deployment and related activities
- Data Warehousing experience: 4 years minimum
- 3+ years working experience of Hadoop (Hortonworks) developer experience in Spark and
Hive; especially Spark version 2
- Talend Big Data version 7+ Developer experience: having 3-5 years working experience
deploying code to production
- 2+ years working experience in Talend Big Data version 7 on Hadoop
- Experience designing Talend job orchestration through enterprise workload automation
tool like Control-M; preferably Autosys
- Working knowledge of Hortonworks data platform for data ingestions frameworks from
multiple source systems e.g., AS400, Oracle Finance, MS SQL, etc.
- Have development experience using Java, PL/SQL, SQL, Python, Scala with good
knowledge of data models and data flows with strong understanding of dimensional and
relational databases, including stored procedures, constraints, normalization, indexes,
- Insurance and financial reporting domain knowledge will be an advantage .
- High level of integrity takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
- Adapt to new technologies and willingness to learn
- Pro-active and positive attitude
- Ability to multi-tasks