We have an exciting opportunity for a Java Support Developer to join our Global Product Support Team within the Global Decision Analytics group.
You will provide 3rd line software product support and utilize your knowledge of Java and software technologies to great effect.
The role will require communicating with various colleagues in what is a truly global organisation
The main job scope revolves around supporting and maintaining the line-of-business application/software developed by Experian that are running in the customers' production environments and during software delivery stages.
- Support and maintain software and line-of-business application developed by Experian during software delivery stages and customer production environment.
- Resolve incidents and restore regular service quickly and effectively
- Identification of root cause and Implementation of software fixes at the source code level
- Coordinate the resolution of problems through to release of Hot Fixes when needed
- Be creative and innovative in the support process to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Expertise in core Java 7 & 8
- 2 years or more experience in Java development and enterprise application
- Intermediate experience with at least one database platform: Oracle, MSSQL, Postgres
- Experience of troubleshooting software issues on various operating system and platform such as Unix, Windows, IBM WebSphere, Apache Tomcat
- Excellent communication skills
The ideal candidate will be energetic, results-oriented, ambitious, enthusiastic, have a proven continuing interest in I.T., be keen to learn new technologies and have analytical & problem-solving skills.