Supervisor, FCC Controls
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Responsibilities related to the delivery of business and / or financial objectives
· Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends.
· Keep track of and provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices and policies related to FCC. Processes:
Processes for which the role is responsible under the ORF as 1st & 2nd line; for executing / completing, and for supervising
· Develop, keep up to date and recommend for approval by the relevant Risk Committee, appropriate policies / processes / DOls to address financial crime risks, aligning with relevant regulatory requirements.
· Provide advice to relevant stakeholders on compliance with Group standards relating to [AML/ Sanctions/ ABC].
· Money Laundering Prevention & Investigation:
a. Work with business and support units to investigate and research on anti-money laundering (AML) and counter terrorist financing (CTF) cases
b. Support Supervisors in developing controls and procedures relating to transaction monitoring for suspicious activity reporting (SAR). Support the operation of such controls and procedures and keep the procedural manuals up to date.
c. As per the established procedures, investigate on alerts triggered by the transaction monitoring system and ensure all cases are reviewed and concluded in a timely manner.
d. Evaluate and comment on alerts triggered by the monitoring system related to AML or CTF activities
e. Perform reviews on clients' details to evaluate the relation of any suspicious AML or CTF activities
f. Keep proper records and registers for AML or CTF investigations
g. Response promptly to regulatory requests relating to AML or CTF
h. Assist Supervisors in updating and maintenance of the transaction monitoring systems
i. Assist in management information reporting
j. Follow and comply with AML / CTF / CDD / Sanctions policies and procedures where applicable to BAU activities
k. Manage the team in KL to ensure discipline and productivity is of the standard expected from FCC Head. People and Talent:
Responsibilities related to people and talent matters
· Ensure participation on appropriate FCC awareness & training (i.e. SAR and financial crime trends, AML investigation outcomes, lessons learnt) within country.
· Able to read Chinese, preferably traditional Chinese Risk Management:
Responsibilities Under Risk Management Framework - both execution and supervisory
· Ensure the suitability and quality of case data maintained on enterprise case management systems.
· Understand technical aspects of systems relevant to CDD, Client Risk Assessments, Name and Transaction Screening, AML Monitoring and Case Management (if required)
· Align/support with the alignment of relevant systems and controls to industry best practice and close out any compliance gaps.
· Ensure that the relevant lists and database as used by the screening systems are up to date.
· Apply Group and FCC policies and processes (AML surveillance, client screening, risk assessment) to manage risks.
· Make recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management responses to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from investigations.
· Assess risks arising from products / segments / geographies / customers / transactions.
· Advise relevant stakeholders on outcomes of AML / Sanctions / ABC risks identification and assessment methodologies. Governance
· Propose control improvements, enhancements and simplifications where appropriate.
· Support all control checks undertaken by FCC under the Operational Risk Framework (ORF).
· Collate, analyse and interpret data in reports to senior management and relevant governance/risk committees.
· Analyse and interpret data to produce reports that help the bank identify and manage emerging areas of risk / vulnerability and thus drive remediation action within the FCC function. Regulatory & Business Conduct
· Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
· Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
· Work with the FCC Controls management and team members to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment
· Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance. Key Stakeholders
· Country Head of FCC (for approval request and MI reporting)
· Projects Team (for MI providing and work flow details)
· Country Audit (for BAU details providing)
· Country Business Operational Risk (for BAU details providing and MI reporting)
· Country Business Operations (for BAU clients details updating)
· Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in HK FCC
· Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.