Sr. Support Manager (SMA), Security Production Suppport
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Security Technology Services (STS) is a critical function within Standard Chartered Bank operating under the overall purview of "Technology Services".
The STS team is made up of cyber security thought leaders, who are accountable for the provision of a global set of cyber security services and products to maintain and continuously improve Bank's cyber security posture in today's ever evolving cyber security landscape.
The STS team protect the Bank from cyber security threats by delivering effective information security technology services, managing, and responding to security incidents to ensure, and support the continuity and growth of Bank's business operations; and meet the both internal and external stakeholders' expectations across 70+ countries and territories, in which SCB operates.
Security Production Support within STS, is a transversal service with a primary objective to provide Production Support Services (PSS) for all STS owned products and services. The PSS function requires an experienced leader to setup a production support team, Run and Govern the minimum production support controls defined by the bank across all security products and services. This includes managing all day-to-day producton support operations covering event, incident, problem, release and change activities. In addition to business-as-usual activities, the role is also expected to drive support improvement initiatives for all the security service domains The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Provide leadership and Run, Govern the support operating model within Security Technology Services by setting the direction, guidelines and strategy for cross functional support across all productions systems
- Ownership and custodian for the overall production support controls and principles for STS Products and services
- Define and review minimum people capabilities and skill matrix required for executing the operating production systems for STS. This should include capabilities for routine tasks, major incident management, domain subject experts and overall estate management
- Define support prioritise and drive service improvement deliverables for SPS
- Be a subject expert within security production support by providing solutions to complex problem statements
- Adoption of Standard tools and techniques for support management including event monitoring, batch management for routine activities, resiliency, capacity and for other standard core support processes like Incident, Problem and Change
- Ensure IT Assets of STS are appropriately recorded and recertified; This includes maintaining list of security services, service and support ownership, assets - servers, software and relationship with upstream and downstream systems
- Lead Major production incidents by constructing and taking overall responsibility for service resumption
- Proactive review of production platform related risks or non-compliances like resiliency, capacity, obsolescence, event monitoring and reporting controls, and ensure full risks awareness is in place
- Take part in on-boarding newer capabilities/products into production support by reviewing all non-functional requirements, service validation and ensuring compliance to technology delivery assurance
- Contribute to product strategy and lifecycle, wherever applicable; Also ensure there are no redundancies of services within STS products and services
- Conduct Production service level reviews with all key stakeholders with STS
- Contribute in Security product roadmap and strategy
- Support on-boarding of all newer capabilities into STS
- Engage with other transversal technology services teams like data centre, database and platform support, ensuring there is adequate awareness of security tools, products and services, its significance to the security ecosystem for the bank
- Establish and Govern all service reviews with suppliers/vendors providing support services for STS
- Plan and manage the financials (Budget, forecasts, actuals) for Security Production Support and ensuring the spends do not overrun
- Adoption of DevOps and industry standards and practices for Security Production support
- Have minimum technical and functional knowledge of the security products, tools and services/capabilities related to Security Monitoring
- Have good understanding of ITIL practices and ITSM tools
- Has excellent track record in running complex application production / support environment
- Has performed Production tasks within the SDF/SDLC process
- Has supported Change Management and Incident Management functions
- Highly motivated, results-driven, and able to multi-task
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and able to work well with cross-organizational teams
- Strong analytical and quantitative skill
- Strong leader, who inspires and cultivates strong partnership with clients and internal partners
- Strong managerial, influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to develop strategies aligning with business goals
- Experience with enterprise data centre design, DevOps, and Cloud Computing
- Strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility in accomplishing the organisation's goal. Is confident and will roll-up his/her sleeves to drive success
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.