Sourcing Hub Category Specialist
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Execution of global sourcing strategies across all Technology and Non-Technology categories. Ensure sourcing and contracting of the Bank's procurement with reliable and approved suppliers against best prices.
The Role Responsibilities Stakeholder Management
- Guides Business and Technology Stakeholders through the procurement decision-making process.
- Promotes the Supply Chain Management franchise by demonstrating subject matter expertise and building trust.
- Provides guidance on SCM process, systems, policy and procedure.
- Manages expectations
Commercial / Procurement
- Applies appropriate project management techniques to deliver sourcing engagements.
- Negotiates sustainable commercial advantages for the business.
- Provides inputs into contractual disputes and/or escalates as appropriate.
Cross Functional Engagement
- Facilitates the deployment of the strategy for the Category addressing: Cost Reduction, Supplier Risk, Demand management & category innovation.
- Provides input into global sourcing strategy
- Performs the role within the operating model.
Our Ideal Candidate Academic/ Professional Qualifications
- Collaborates with cross functional SCM teams to ensure: Ease of transition for tactical purchasing requirements to the Sourcing Hub
- Reporting requirements are delivered
- Support for systems changes
- Keeps open channels of communication to ensure high level of engagement.
- At least a Degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Economics or Business Administration
- Fluent in English and Bahasa Malaysia. Fluency in Mandarin (Read & Write) is an advantage.
Specialized knowledge or skills required
- At least 4-6 years' working experience in IT sourcing and procurement experience.
- At least 3 years' experience in sourcing Software
- Previous experience of working within the Financial Services sector is an advantage
Functional / Technical Skills:
- Able to use ERP systems such as SAP, Ariba and Microsoft Office Excel..
- Good working knowledge of contracts & familiar with legal agreements
- Advanced commercial knowledge in procurement and project management.
- Advanced business management skills including stakeholder management, commercial judgment and process improvement.
Leadership / Behavioral Competencies:
- Contract and commercial Negotiation
- Stakeholder Management
- Financial analysis - P&L, Balance sheet, costing.
- Supply Chain analysis - Risk management, Vulnerability management.
- Project Management
- Communication - Verbal and written
- Courage to challenge and speak up
- Thought leadership and innovation
- Never Settle
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.