Some careers prize diversity more than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success.
Representing the largest global Islamic financial services team of any international bank, HSBC Amanah provides a full suite of innovative Islamic products and services to retail and corporate customers around the world. Complementing HSBC's comprehensive range of global banking and financing solutions, HSBC Amanah leverages the Group's international experience and expertise in Islamic finance to best serve the growing demand for this viable alternative to conventional financing in Malaysia.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our HSBC Amanah team in the role of Shariah Manager
, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets. Principal Responsibilities:
- To support Head of Shariah in managing and supervising the Shariah Department of HBMS and manage in conducting Shariah advisory and Shariah researchas well as supporting Shariah audit, Shariah risk management and any local Shariah initiative as advised by the Head of Shariah and by itself and the Shariah Department.
- To represent the Bank in any Shariah matters in its jurisdiction as required by the CEO of HBMS and/or Head of Shariah.
- To support Head of Shariah in managing the relationship of Shariah Department of HBMS with internal and external parties such as other departments, regulators, industry players, committees, customers, stakeholders and the public.
- To support the Head of Shariah in managing and ensuring all Shariah opinions, recommendations and decisions are approved by the Shariah Committee and/or Shariah Department as well as to monitor and follow-up the implementation.
- To support the Head of Shariah in ensuring that Islamic banking and takaful practiced by HBMS meet the highest standard of Shariah compliance and Shariah Governance practices locally.
- To support the Head of Shariah in championing the Shariah department to become a Local Centre for Shariah excellence by completing the assignment for HBMS and functions as being assigned by the Head of Shariah.
- To support Head of Shariah to define, develop, review, implement, monitor and sustain the HBMS Shariah Governance Policy through relevant Shariah guidelines, and procedures, as well as taking part in ensuring all internal guidelines issued by HBMS in relation to the operational business of the Bank are Shariah-compliant.
- To communicate and support Head of Shariah to manage the internal and external parties on matters affecting the decisions, rulings and opinion within the ambit of HBMS Shariah.
- To support Head of Shariah to ensure the Bank's image as a full fledge Islamic Bank in its various transactions, initiatives and activities are uphold, and to ensure the Bank is concern, serious and committed with Shariah rules and regulations in its end-to-end banking businesses, operations and activities.
- To support Head of Shariah to manage, organize and supervise subordinates who deal with the respective Shariah matters.
- To support Head of Shariah to ensure that the Shariah department of HBMS are functioning well and effective in-line with the Bank's Business Plan, BNM and SC as well as HBMS Shariah Governance Framework.
- To support Head of Shariah to ensure that HBMS practices, business and operations are in compliance with Shariah.
- Degree in relevant field
- Preferably with 3 years of relevant experience
- Possess suitable level of analytical skills on Shariah law and compliance
- Commitment and diligence
- Professional, goal-oriented, innovative and well organised
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills