Service Manager - Enterprise Batch Management (EBM)
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Drive the Service Management layer, so that it is;
- Renowned as experts within the EBM team
- Sought after by Domains and engaged proactively (by users) for all new project discussions
- User Engagement
- Be the face and first point of contact of the EBM team for all initial user enquiries
- Be the EBM escalation point for senior Domain stakeholders
- Interface and drive EBM service improvement with Batch Domains Champions
- Be the forefront in governance, service reviews, defining metrics and triggering "get to green" initiatives for non-performing service targets or metrics.
- To channel feedback received from each user Domain and utilise that information to input into the overall SCB EBM strategy assisting the 'Head of EBM'
- Accountable and responsible for stakeholder management and communication during major incidents
- To own all new App onboarding/offboarding and remain as the focal point for the new team as they move through the commissioning/decommissioning process.
- Drive batch failure rate down through analysis of historic batch failure data and user engagement
- Assist users in identifying root cause of failures and assist in remediation if necessary
- Assist users in understanding better batch job configurations, scheduling opportunities
- Identify jobs that are not appropriate for Control-M 9 (i.e. Jobs designed as an alternative to using monitoring tools)
- Proactively pre-empt batch failures caused as a result scheduled changes and DR tests
- To promote and drive Control-M usage by ensuring those teams utilising alternative solutions are fully aware of Control-M and the EBM teams' capabilities, costs and benefits.
- Keep up to date on latest (and planned) BMC Control-M modules/plugins, functionality, changes etc. and identify use cases and benefits for possible SCB deployment by possessing intimate knowledge of each Domains current and (expected) future requirements.
- Be a senior leader within the EBM team and assist in the development and growth of all junior members of the team.
- Educate user base on Control-M functionality, best practice guidelines and EBM standards
- Educate users in through Training sessions, consulting, creation of guides, delivery of workshops or through directing users to existing online training material and courses).
- Carryout regular Training Needs Analysis (TNA) and identify training requirements
- Identify and present any initiatives that can reduce EBM costs (that don't have a material impact on stability and service levels).
- Identify and present any initiatives that can improve stability, processes, speed and service levels - especially initiatives that removed manual tasks and enhance automation.
- Assist in the identification of any operational risks with the management of batch within the bank
- Lead all projects that have a significant impact on the user body
- Working experience in Enterprise Automation Tools, preferably BMC Control-M
- Excellent batch management knowledge and experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence others
- Other Key Skills - Critical Thinking, Strategic, Analytical, Stakeholder Management, Presentation, Attention to Detail
- Proven experience in taking initiative and working with autonomy to deliver value
- Technical Knowledge - Scripting, Database, OS, Application Development Lifecycle, Integration with various tools and technology,
- Holistic IT knowledge with good 'IT Common sense'
- Practical knowledge of ITAM/SACM tools such as Remedy and Reporting mechanisms
- A decision maker, individual contributor, with great attitude to get things done
- The individual should have experience in managing large enterprise batch estates. (>25k Configured jobs)
- Experience working within the financial services sector
- Experience with Control-M version 9 and modules/plugins
- Control-M Self Service
- Workload Change Manager
- Batch Impact Manager
- Control-M Archiving
- Control-M MFT
- Control-M API
- Control-M Workbench
- Proven experience in Batch failure reduction programs
- Project Management experience with formal certification
- Strong ITIL background
- Passion to drive improvements and process-oriented strategies
- Practical knowledge of ITAM/SACM tools such as Remedy, SCCM
- MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint & Excel) & Atlassian Tools (JIRA, Confluence)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.