Senior Windows Platform Engineer
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 15 Oct 18
Senior Windows Platform Engineer
Standard Chartered Bank - Leading the way in International Banking. With more than 86,000 employees in 68 countries, and a 150-year history in some of the world's most dynamic markets, Standard Chartered is listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India. See our history
We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to join the Platform Engineering group with responsibilities around delivering robust and scalable systems to get ahead of the exponential demand. The main areas of technical expertise required are around Windows, Patching, Automation and virtualisation technologies. This is a fully hands on engineering role. This person should be able to influence and establish best engineering practices for these technologies through solid design decisions, processes, and tooling. Automated deployment or user consumption of solutions is paramount.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Propose and evaluate new technologies for business solutions.
- Interact with customers up to understand business requirements and expectations.
- Establish best engineering practices through solid design decisions, processes, and tools.
- Partner with operation aiding in critical incidents with an emphasis on problem identification/resolution.
- Technical product qualification (benchmarking, suitability, performance characteristics) of relevant hardware and software for use case requirements.
- Write server side code to create robust production offerings that are highly available, scalable and can cope with burst demand.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Self-starter, capable of working without direction and able to deliver projects from scratch.
- Passion for systems engineering and automation/CI
- Demonstrates strong scripting and programming skills in powershell. C#. .NET and python skills are useful.
- Experience of writing tools to consume RESTful API's
- Proven expertise with Windows Server OS family with deep knowledge of Windows framework
- At least Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) , preferably Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) certified
- Able to read crash dump files and perform OS specific as well as general network troubleshooting
- Knowledge of global virtualization (vmware, hyper-v) as well as cloud trends (AWS, MS Azure)
- Expertise with DNS, DHCP, PXE is a must and Active Directory skills
- Knowledge of how to design system to be able to achieve massive scaling.
- Able to provide site specific training to operations group and lead day two operations strategy.
- Significant practical experience in performance testing for software and systems tuning.
- Excellent communication, written and presentation skills
- Breadth of knowledge - operating systems, networking, distributed computing.
- Prior experience in engineering container environments within large organisations.
- Distributed storage product awareness/design/experience.
- Expertise with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktops.
- BladeLogic knowledge.
A diverse culture
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...