Senior Wholesale Credit Risk Manager
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 19 Apr 18 2018-04-19
Senior Wholesale Credit Risk Manager
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, operational, credit, pension, insurance, compliance, regulatory, market, reputation and geopolitical risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Senior Wholesale Credit Risk Manager.
Reporting to the Head of Wholesale Credit Risk, Malaysia, and the jobholder's key responsibilities will include:
- Impact on Business - Underwriting i.e. implement Wholesale Malaysia Risk team's strategic vision and forward looking approach achieve strong asset quality across customer segments and well balanced Risk reward/Shareholder Value aligned to local risk appetite.
- Management of stressed accounts and provide strategic input to minimize impairment provisions on Bad & Doubtful (B&D) accounts;
- Identify emerging risks through Portfolio Management strategies and initiate mitigation strategies;
- Maintain wholesale credit exposures, Non-Performing Advances and Impairment Provisions within acceptable norms;
- Customers/Stakeholders - Strengthen customer understanding, acceptance and implementation of policies/thresholds and incorporate risk issues as integral to all activities;
- Ensure quality control and quick turnaround of Wholesale Credit Risk Team in the credit approval process to global businesses;
- Manage key relationships with regulators, rating agencies, industry bodies and auditors;
- Operational Effectiveness & Control - Encourage efficient and streamlined credit processes, including providing guidance and contribution to risk rating frameworks/scorecards;
- Maintain cost discipline, rationalize and consolidate risk expense;
- Contribute to implementation/upgrade/maintenance of Credit systems where necessary.
- Graduate degree in Business Administration, Finance or a related field;
- Exposure to demanding operational environments to gain insight into effective risk management applications;
- Working across all levels of the organization to understand cross-functional linkages and interdependencies, as well as the implication of risk at both a strategic level and at the business unit level;
- Professional competence which helps to determine solutions around appropriate risk measures, risk processes, risk monitoring and management;
- Understanding of the Group global strategies and collaborates with the business to accomplish these strategies;
- Demonstrated ability to assess Risk trends, both internally and externally;
- Ability to form effective relationships and exercise influence at senior level of the organization;
- Demonstrate business knowledge, such as leading a Profit & Loss (P&L) unit;
- Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Established financial and accounting acumen.