Senior Wealth Risk Manager
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 22 Sep 17
Senior Wealth Risk Manager
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, operational, credit, pension, insurance, compliance, regulatory, market, reputation and geopolitical risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to take on the role of Senior Wealth Risk Manager.
Senior Wealth Risk Manager is required to work closely with stakeholders and oversee the management of wealth risk by continually reassessing the business and operational risks by taking account of economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, the Group's risk appetite and operating procedures and practices.
Impact on the Business / Function
- Accountable for implementing the Group Wealth Risk Framework, this is essential to support Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM)'s strategy to grow the wealth management business and to ensure the generation of sustainable profitability.
- Accountable for driving regional risk mitigation activity identified through the Wealth Risk Framework [e.g. through WMOC] and ensuring existing risk controls are effective.
- Responsible for the oversight of current risk issues within the wealth management business, identify & mitigate top and emerging risks and provide senior management with timely updates on risk issues.
- Design / enhance and manage regular reports to highlight key wealth risk information and trends to senior management in a timely manner.
- Support Head of Wealth Management Risk Asia Pacific (ASP) in managing matters arising from the Regional Wealth Management Oversight Committee and other day-to-day wealth risk issues.
- Adopt and implement common, Group processes, aimed at adopting group best practice in the region.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Accountable for translating the Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) principles into actions to ensure HSBC demonstrates that it is consistently delivering fair outcomes to consumers in relation to the sales of wealth management products and services to retail customers.
- Work closely to senior management and the relevant internal stakeholders to ensure HSBC can deliver the client outcomes relevant to the wealth management business through establishing an appropriate culture.
- Create communication channels for stakeholders for the region - being responsive to the unique and complex needs and behaviours of customers across the region, without exposing the wealth management business in the region to fragmentation or reduced effectiveness.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Exercise significant latitude for determining wealth risk strategy and priorities. Accountable for decision making under often ambiguous circumstances.
- Ownership for working across the organisation to serve clients better. Engaging others to create innovative solutions to complex and strategic problems to achieve the best solution for the entire organisation.
- Clear communication and articulation of the risk management strategies and activities to support the wealth management business strategy.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Identify improvement opportunities, develop innovative solutions and effectively communicate the need for change to gain stakeholder commitment.
- Ensure that procedures comply with relevant regulatory requirements and are well supported by local policies and procedures to ensure adherence to the Global Wealth Risk Framework and other group standards.
- To continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Support Group initiated projects designed to discover and promote best practice.
- University degree in Business, Finance or related discipline with 5 - 10 years' of working experience; significant relevant working experience in the wealth management business and/or wealth management product distribution;
- Relevant professional qualification, such as CFA, CFP, FRM or equivalent advantageous;
- Experience in a risk management / control function environment preferred;
- Sound knowledge in wealth management products essential;
- Working experience in more than one banking markets advantageous;
- Strong analysis, decision-making and risk management and evaluation skills;
- Solid communication, good negotiating and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently under tight timeline;
- Excellent communication in English.