Senior QA Engineer I
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Experian Singapore
- 23 Apr 19
Senior QA Engineer I
This role is to implement best practice testing techniques and perform testing as part of the software development life cycle. The person should have strong knowledge of generally accepted testing practices as well as the testing and development processes. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates application requirements and design documents, working closely with Product Management, systems engineers and architects to contribute to the test strategy for projects.
- Creates and maintains test data and regression test suites, including automation as a matter of course.
- Proficiency in developing, maintaining, reviewing and enhancing comprehensive test plan and test cases to cover functional and non-functional tests and automation
- Report, research, and validate and track complex defects with consistent high quality
- Proactive in issue and risk escalation, through effective collaboration and influence.
- Communicating testing status on a timely manner to QA lead and stakeholders as appropriate to ensure progress is known and team credibility is high.
- Researches tools and technologies that will allow increasing test coverage and minimize testing cost
- Provide accurate test estimates and schedule, proactively discussing and agreeing this with team and stakeholders.
- Proactively contributes in retrospectives and defect escape analysis for completed projects
- Owns and drives improvement initiatives within QA and GSG.
- Proactively share knowledge and best practices with more junior team members to enhance their skills.
Knowledge & Experience
- Good knowledge of relevant computing platforms and automated test tools.
- Good knowledge and hands on usage of multiple Experian software applications, including business use.
- Strong knowledge of Quality Assurance methodologies, including automation and performance testing and other specialist areas.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good organization skills and able to observe project management principles especially change management and impact assessment
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong personal leadership and team engagement