Senior PMO Analyst
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 23 Apr 19
Senior PMO Analyst
Job Description - Senior PMO Analyst
Business Title: Senior PMO Analyst
Business Unit: ITO, Technology Services, Security Technology Services
Job Family: Security Technology Services
Location: Bukit Jalil, WSC 7/F
Reports Directly to: Saw, Yu Jin (1294604 )
Security Technology Services (STS) is a critical function within Standard Chartered Bank operating under the overall purview of "Technology Services".
The STS team is made up of cyber security thought leaders, who are accountable for the provision of a global set of cyber security services and products in order to maintain and continuously improve Bank's cyber securityposture in today's ever evolving cyber security landscape.
The STS team protect the Bank from cyber security threats by delivering effective information security technology services, managing and responding to security incidents to ensure, and support the continuity and growth of Bank's business operations; and meet the both internal and external stakeholders' expectations across 70+ countries and territories, in which SCB operates.
As part of the Security Transformation activities within SCB, a Senior PMO Analyst (Project Management) is created. He or she is responsible for compliance with standards & processes of project management and across Security Technology Services (STS) programmes. Support successful delivery of programs undertaken through effective facilitation, financial tracking and reporting.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the program manager, project managers and business leads in managing projects by embedding and ensuring compliance with the Bank's Standard Project Delivery Framework (SDF) 2.0 and ePMO standards and controls
· Work with PMs to ensure overall forecast is within approved PED budget - Capex and Opex.
· Track project status monthly, by the way of OnePager clarity report and provide timely reporting to programme/project manager
· Support project managers keeping Clarity updated - milestones, forecasts, accruals.
· Ensuring that all submissions to committees and working groups (PED, Red Packs, Closure Reports, Benefit Reports, Progress Reports, etc.) are of the right quality and are timely
· Ensure complete set of good quality project artefacts and support preparation for audit reviews (if any) as well as work closely with PM and Business Leads to close data issues / gaps
· Take ownership of projects financials including ePro / invoices processing, ensuring payments get executed as per budget phasing, managing forecasts and accruals, as well analysing and resolving issues with Project Manager and Business Leads
· Attend PWGs and provide effective support to the PM and Business Leads including meeting scheduling and minute taking, team and stakeholder liaison, representation at meetings, coordination of programme activities
· Implement governance standards across the project, including tracking, monitoring and updating the status of project deliverables as well as propose control improvements, enhancements and simplifications where appropriate.
· Track risk, issues, dependencies for the project in collaboration with the project manager and stream leads; manage them (in relevant tool) as defined in the PMP; follow up for closure where required with assignee
· Ensure artefacts linked to deliverables expected to be produced by the project team are completed and archived in PDR. Maintain and publish tracker of key deliverables as part of PWG and PSCs
· PMP certification is mandatory
· Security Technology Service - Security Transformation Programmes and Service Owners
· ITO Technology Services
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS):
· Bachelor's degree or higher
· Previous experience of leading multiple projects
· 5-7 years of program management experience in a leading role or as a work package owner
· A 'can do' attitude committed to doing 'what it takes' to deliver
· 'Agile'. Whilst not being the subject matter expert, having the ability to learn quickly, listen, synthesis the issues and articulate clearly for senior management with recommendations .
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
· Solid understanding of Microsoft project or equivalent software.
· PowerPoint, written & oral
· Financials management. Budget tracking, planning, forecast and variance explanations
· Diligent and detail orientated
· Ability to create effective work relationships across functions & borders
· Knowledge of risk governance frameworks & processes will be an advantage
· Focused, organised and results-oriented
· Analytical / critical thinking skills
· Prior knowledge of Project Governance standards, PED process, Project lifecycle and phase gates (Scope, Business Requirements, Status reporting, Testing management, Dependency management, Critical path analysis)