Senior Manager, Unsecured Policy
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Hong Leong Bank Berhad
- 24 Nov 17 2017-11-24
Senior Manager, Unsecured Policy
Support business to achieve committed goals whilst maintaining a health portfolio outlook for the credit card and personal loan products.
- Establish / streamline and enhance underwriting guidelines of policy criteria / new unsecured products or test / programs for unsecured products, ensure the guidelines are understood and executed correctly with the objective of improving portfolio quality, strategically in line with risk management, business goals and compliant with regulatory guidelines.
- Issue new / review existing credit policy via memorandums / Board related papers and presentation to Credit Committees on proposed changes / new policies.
- Oversee the update of the unsecured loan products' policy handbooks.
- Review & underwrite deviation applications within policy guidelines; to exercise with credit discretionary judgment.
- Manage risk management-related projects by engaging the relevant parties and define the requirements and business rules for more effective risk & credit management purpose.
- Monitor and manage tracking plans for unsecured products to determine steps in addressing risks monitoring and ensure specific programs are within the required capping.
- Streamlining and enhancing existing underwriting guidelines, standards of control for different processes for unsecured loan products with the objective of improving portfolio quality.
- To establish and analyze the required portfolio MIS for Cards & Personal Loan products to identify and mitigate risk of the respective programs.
- To ascertain the acquiring MIS to analyze the booking and performance trends of the portfolio.
- To establish MIS required to draft credit policy accordingly whilst mitigating portfolio credit risk
- To monitor performance of unsecured portfolios campaigns and highlight any adverseness.
- Represent URP in portfolio management activities with stakeholders such as Business, CED, Collections, BIAU, GIRMC and other business units, where relevant.
- Ensure department due diligence requirements are complied with in relation to regulations or operational procedures, which includes BCP, BIA and other regulatory compliances.
- Supporting ad-hoc tasks assigned from time to time by the CCO, PFS Credit.
- Maintain a departmental organization structure that is sufficient to meet overall division and Bank's goals and objectives.
- Create a conducive working environment amongst team members
- Initiate plans for recruitment, to ensure staff skill-set are enhanced and to train and enhance potentials for self improvement and to advocate job enrichment skills though effective coaching, training and delegation.
- Ensure transparency through active communication and engagement within the team.
- Contribute to cross-functional teams to solve problems and achieve performance improvements within own portfolio.
- To liaise and work with internal, external audit committee and BNM.
- Monitor and control departmental costs and budgets.
- Bachelors Degre
- Minimum 10 years of Credit / Risk experience or in related field
- Portfolio analytical skills
- Market sensitive
- Product knowledge skills
- Articulation skills
- Influential skills