Senior Manager, Risk Management
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services Sdn Bhd
- 21 Apr 19
Senior Manager, Risk Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
• Proactively provide specialist operational risk advice, and constructive challenge, to the wider Operational teams.
• Oversight of Risk Events, analysis of root causes, patterns identified, validation of corrective actions and procedural updates.
• Develop effective working relationships with the three lines of defence, External Auditors and regulators where and when required.
• Develop effective working relationships with Senior Management to ensure that there are clear risk mitigation strategies in place and that the functions are operating as an effective first line of defence.
• Oversight and challenge of operational MI including Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), ensuring constructive challenge to the wider operational teams.
• Perform oversight and recommendations to business areas on risk management design and effective operation of controls including the continued implementation of Risk & Control Self Assessment across the Operational areas.
• Perform quality reviews of all Control Testing.
• Design and deliver training on risk and control activities as required to the broader Operational teams.
• Risk review and approval of procedural changes.
• Contributing, promoting and monitoring continuous improvement in Risk Culture across the Operational areas.
• Performance of regular control reviews across all Operational areas.
• Risk Event and error recording root cause analysis and oversight of corrective actions to ensure effective closure of control weaknesses.
• Management and oversight of ORF process across Operations addressing & challenging control gaps and control weaknesses across Operations.
• Building risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training within the domain
Our Ideal Candidate
• Minimum of 10 years' experience in the financial industry, preferably in a control capacity (Internal Audit, Operational Risk or Compliance).
• Must have ISACA or CISSP (or equivalent)
• Working knowledge of Singapore, Hong Kong, UK and European Regulatory Frameworks
• At least 5 years of having used a Service Management tool, preferably ServiceNow &/or Remedy
• Deep knowledge of ITIL processes, certified in ITIL V3, preferably for Incident, Problem, Change and Release Management
• Well-developed presentation and facilitation skills
• Excellent communication skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.