Senior Manager, Product Management - Consumer Solutions
Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA!
Responsible and accountable for one or more IT product solutions in Life Asia and Takaful Life Asia systems that supports and influences business objectives and goals for the business stakeholders within AIA.
To manage, communication and influence the product life cycle & delivery with multiple stakeholders (IT, third party vendors, business senior leadership team) while aligning to overall company objectives.
Must have good organizational ability, be able to multi-task within a complex environment and have good people skills. Product Management
- Manage and assure success of the products to support business strategy, which includes planning the IT product roadmap in line with overall business strategies with the aim of releasing high quality and innovative products, features and enhancements.
- Manage, engage and communicate cross functional teams (IT and business) with regards to entire product delivery lifecycle to meet business directions and objectives. Be able to drive project management of your product if needed.
- Manage, engage and influence prioritization of demand with business stakeholders aligning to software engineering team.
- Overall responsible for end-to-end system execution implementation.
- Create detailed product specifications (i.e. UI/UX, FSD, etc.) in line with business needs in consultation with other IT stakeholders (local or third-party vendor) in order to guide and prioritize the efforts of the delivery.
- Manage end to end testing with regards to managing users, feedback and delivery; and performing functionality testing.
- Assist on business cases relevant to your product scope with awareness of financial implications of potential projects.
- Track and measure the success of your product launches including post launch evaluations.
- Walkthrough the FSD to ensure users are clear on deliverables and Application Team are aware of the scope of deliveries for the preparation of Technical Specification.
- Track requirements status throughout the project and manage changes to base line requirements through effective and appropriate application of change control processes and tools.
- Review Test Plans and Test script of users to ensure comprehensiveness.
- Manage, optimize and prioritize business demands in relation to business value generation and resource capacity with all business unit heads.
- Manage, negotiate and influence relationships with senior leadership team and managers (inter and intra divisional) to deliver credible and consistent solution services.
- Manage, negotiate and influence vendor, business partner and Group IT relationships to provide delivery flexibility.
People Development & Management
- Formulate and determine the long and mid-term strategic plan of the unit aligning to IT and business strategic priorities and objectives for responsible portfolio(s).
- Identify and develop strong leadership and individual contributors to build a high performing team to maximize delivery to support business demands.
- Lead and influence the culture and governance on cost-efficient, agile and flexible delivery of IT solutions.
- Formulate policies, procedures, standards and best practice to drive center of excellence for IT solutions.
- Lead, attract and retain high quality individual contributors to build the strategic and operational capabilities and sustainable by:
- Setting clear direction, goals and engaging staff to translate these into personal actions;
- Developing the leaders and high performers through effective learning and development;
- Driving right way for effective and quality processes mind set.
- Manage and optimize resource planning and utilization to deliver maximum output to support business demands.
- Coach and mentor team to acquire the technical and soft skills to execute their jobs.
- Engage team performance and individual development plan in alignment to IT strategic plan.
- Degree in any IT discipline.
- 8-10 years of experience in IT Product or Engineering environment, with 5-8 years in supervisory experience on the supported IT domain. A good understanding of the insurance business and its success drivers.
- Strong track record of managing a business engagement or customer relationship function within a large organization.
- Extensive experience of working across business functions and understanding differing operational constraints and demands.
- Demonstrable experience of working at the most senior levels of large and complex organizations.
- Sound experience in managing IT projects, business analysis and organizational/ business change.
- Preferably understand Life Asia systems and LA table set up knowledge.
- Experienced in the identification, assessment and management of project risks.
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Accountable for the delivery of outcomes, strives to meet and exceed stakeholders' expectations.
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.