Senior Manager, License Management
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services Sdn Bhd
- 20 May 19
Senior Manager, License Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
This role will drive initiatives to support strategic objectives across License Management with specific focus on risk, business process improvements, communications and metrics. This role will also support establishing spend analytics and reporting on software to support driving cost savings opportunities for the bank.
The responsibility includes proactive review of the function's processes and controls and driving continuous improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
He/She will also need to:
- Manage the day to day BAU operation and implementation of software asset management policies and tools across the bank
- Interpret and maintain an accurate inventory of software contracts, entitlements and inventory information associated with the software assets
- Analyse and report on software license spend, savings, utilization and optimization opportunities
- Contribute to the development of our group wide software asset management capabilities
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for software licensing/metrics and tool operations.
- Manage pro-active internal compliance reviews from end to end. Obtain usage and entitlement data to establish position, drive clean-up activities. Ensure ongoing sound management
- Support & drive software clean-up activities across the organisation as required
- Drive actions across the different internal streams to support the above
- Identify savings opportunities for renewals, software licensing, and services. Follow through with procurement team and vendors to realize identified savings.
- Manage contracts and entitlement to maximize value creation and costs for software licensing, maintenance, and service offerings.
- Collect information for budgeting, software compliance & inventory, contract summaries, and cost comparisons.
- Assist in the development of reporting to address management requirements to obtain information.
- Communicate and liaison with respective tech focus of other line of business on software asset management activities.
- Ensure the effective, timely and high-quality execution of software licensing operational tasks and initiatives
- Confident and self-motivated with experience in effectively negotiating with and influencing others in a matrix environment
- Ability and confidence to operate across a wide range of seniority levels, functional divides, locations, and businesses
- Be able to create and tailor clear and concise verbal and written communications to different audiences, fluent written and spoken English language skills
- Demonstrable analytical thinking
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, and accuracy of output
- Proven track record of quality deliverables within tight schedules
Our Ideal Candidate
Skills required ( Non technical ):
- 8 - 10 years relevant work experience in people management across different functional areas
- Licensing/Software Asset Management expertise: Must have niche skills and understanding relating to Software Licensing/Software Asset Management in a large organisation
- Able to analyse complex licensing data to establish the Bank's overall licence compliance position for a given vendor/product
- Experience of software licensing T's and C's and able to map to SCB technical architecture
- Able to support project activities such as requirements gathering, design, configuration and testing Experience defending software licensing audits
- Experience with licensing or audits for major vendors Oracle and IBM is desired, including understanding of the technological concepts related to licensing (e.g. multiplexing, virtualization)
- Able to motivate and lead a diverse team to deliver quality deliverables within agreed timescales
- Able to prepare and deliver presentations to senior stakeholders
- Ability to manage senior stakeholders across functional and geographical boundaries
- Extensive experience in managing software lifecycle from entitlement, reharvesting and retirement of software including contracts and licenses
- Good understanding of IT environments/Infrastructure
- Ability and desire to effectively analyse large and complex sets of structured data
- Experience in data collection for charting tools and ability to produce report in form of PowerPoint will be preferred
- Experience of Software Procurement Process
- Familiarity with SAM standards of frameworks (e.g. ISO 19770-X) is an advantage.
- Experience in Vendor Management
- Experience of banking business and operations
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.