Senior Manager, Financial Risk Management
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
This role aims to provide PAMB's Management Team with the required Risk knowledge/updates necessary for making better and well-informed strategic/business decisions under such challenging market conditions PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Leadership
- Lead the Financial Risk Management (FRM) team and coordination of FRM initiatives within the Company, through proactive engagement with the Risk Coordinators.
- Work with stakeholders to continually identify opportunities to build, enhance and further optimise the existing risk management system in supporting the overall company's strategies.
- Support the CRO to continuously review processes identifies and resolves service gaps through constructive feedback and implements process improvements where appropriate.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Assist in ensuring good governance and compliance with the Group, PCA, local and regulatory Risk Framework.
- Development and maintenance of Financial Risk Management related tools, policy and guidelines.
- Assist and support other divisions on risk related matters. Ensure sufficient depth of risk analysis and develop mechanisms for the tracking of the risk identified.
- Work with stakeholders to continually identify opportunities to build, enhance and further optimize the existing risk management system in supporting the overall company's strategies.
Awareness and Culture
- Ensure timely review and submission of applicable reports to applicable Senior Management and Regional Risk function.
- Ensure the organization's risk exposure is within risk appetite.
- Support senior management to continuously review processes and ensure corrective and preventive actions are instituted.
- Keeping abreast with industry and financial market to identify emerging risk.
- Ensure risk related trainings/ workshops are in place to relevant stakeholders, to enhance their knowledge on financial risk or to facilitate implementation on risk initiatives.
- Conduct Risk Awareness Programme to all staff to create company-wide awareness.
- Holder of graduate degree from a reputable institution (preferably majoring in Risk Management, Accounting, Finance, Actuarial or other related disciplines).
- Qualified Actuary is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant working experience in Actuarial or Financial Risk Management.
- Good knowledge of Financial Risk Management framework, methodologies, policies and practices.
- A knowledge of key business functions such as sales, marketing, finance and actuarial, to ensure an understanding of the key risks and controls in these areas.
- Proactive, possess strong analytical, presentation and report writing skills.
- Must be meticulous with the ability to work under pressure.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Good command of English (spoken and written).
- A team player and result oriented.
- Delivers on promises and commit to deadlines.