Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Developer
About Standard Chartered Bank
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Job Purpose
Security Technology Services (STS) is a critical function within Standard Chartered Bank operating under the overall purview of "Technology Services".
The STS team is made up of cyber security thought leaders, who are accountable for the provision of a global set of cyber security services and products in order to maintain and continuously improve the Bank's cyber security posture in today's ever evolving cyber security landscape.
The STS team protect the Bank from cyber security threats by delivering effective information security technology services, managing and responding to security incidents to ensure, and support the continuity and growth of Bank's business operations; and meet the both internal and external stakeholders' expectations across 70+ countries and territories, in which SCB operates.
As part of the Security Transformation activities within Standard Chartered, multiple large-scale transformations delivering next generation identity and access management solutions are being deployed across all business lines and every geographic part of the Bank's footprint. This requires a highly skilled and experienced Business Intelligence Developer to deliver automated, insightful and cost-efficient reporting solutions to enable decision making and drive change.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Interact with business teams and other stakeholders to understand, document and recommend BI solutions to meet diverse, complex business requirements
- Develop reports and dashboards for regular and ad-hoc reports using data visualization best practices.
- Prepare test cases for UAT, perform testing, and document results
- Build data checks to constantly improve the smooth running, data integrity and accurate reporting. Provide support and maintenance of dashboards to ensure availability and performance
- Perform data analysis to come up with business rules and troubleshoot data anomalies
- Support end-user issues and resolve then in a timely manner
- Degree in Statistics, Economics, Business, Computer Science or related field with 5-7 years related experience
- 5+ years of data analysis/data applications development experience, with a combination of business and technical skills
- Minimum 5 years of current and hands-on experience with SQL and relational databases. Experience working with Hadoop
- Thorough knowledge of all capabilities of the MicroStrategy Suite and Tableau BI tools
- End to end project development experience from gathering requirements, design, development, testing, and support
- Understanding of key Data Warehousing methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, stakeholders, and management on both the business and IT teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.