- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad
- 17 Oct 18
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
The Securities Services ITO team consists of 1450+ staff across 34 locations in Asia, Africa and Middle East. The organisation consists of teams in Group, Countries and Hubs with the Global Operations Head, Securities Services owning the end to end delivery and service
Securities Services ITO covers the core activities and the mitigating controls supporting our Securities Services business in Transaction Banking.
The purpose of this role is to support the Global Securities Services Operations Management team with:
Structure and govern the Operations Strategy and Planning activities to be proactive and accessible to wider SS ITO team by providing consistent and accurate MI
The role incumbent is responsible for providing all-round, comprehensive management support to the Global Operations Head, Securities Services and the Management Team through an integrated framework for Operations Strategy, Change Management and Measuring Operational Performance.
Structure and Govern the Operations Strategy & Planning activities to include:
· Tracking of actual cost versus budget, drilling into allocated cost to explain to stakeholders what the Operations bill include and why, challenge allocated costs and drive down
· Together with Sales and COO team perform a regular review of client and product profitability and drive discussion and decision to exist non profitable business and work with Countries and Hubs to eliminate work
· Develop and execute communications plan
· Ensure the Global Securities Services Operations SharePoint site is comprehensive and up to date
· Create ad hoc management presentation materials when required
· Central ownership of handover letters across the Securities Services Operations Management Team
· Central ownership of structure and framework around Sharepoint sites and Bridge pages pertaining to Securities Services Operations Management Team
· Central point of contact for BPM CIO requests
· Offsite and Tonw Halls planning for Securities Services Operations
· Minutes & Actions tracking of weekly Securities Services Operations MT and monthly Skip meetings
Provide high-quality, timely and relevant Management Information (MI):
· Establish and deliver a strategic programme to significantly enhance the MI capability for Securities Services ITO. Work with CNC in KL to set up for Securities Services ITO both global, regional and by location
· Supervise daily, weekly, monthly performance data gathering and distribution to various stakeholders/committees within Operations, Technology and Front Office
· Ensure Capacity and Capability Models are fine-tuned to produce accurate output
· Define, implement and deliver meaningful Total Cost Per Trade metrics
· Support Financial tracking and forecasting processes when necessary
· MI Packs preparation for Securities Services Town Halls, monthly updates/achievements
· Quality Assurance and governance/oversight on Central MI Utility team in GBS
· Quality Assurance on MI dashboards
Weekly updates Securities Services Operations, consolidated version review before final submission to CIO
Proposition 1 - A diverse culture
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...
Proposition 2 - Rewarding good performance
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our core values and mantra - here for good. And if you perform well consistently, we'll give you the rewards you deserve. Are you looking for a career that can expand your horizons? We have one..
Proposition 3 - Career development
If you're a bright mind with big ambitions, we'll actively encourage you to fulfil your potential. Thanks to our rich and varied international footprint, we can offer exciting opportunities working across different countries and cultures. Apply Now and take the next step in fulfilling your potential.