Senior Developer (ServiceNow)
About the Role
SWIFT is a member-owned cooperative that provides the communications platform, products and services to connect more than 10,000 banking organizations, securities institutions and corporate customers in over 200 countries and territories. SWIFT enables its users to exchange automated, standardized financial information securely and reliably, thereby lowering costs, reducing operational risk and eliminating operational inefficiencies. SWIFT also brings the financial community together to work collaboratively to shape market practice, define standards and debate issues of mutual interest. SWIFT is headquartered in Belgium and has over 24 offices worldwide.
As part of the SWIFT Technology Platform strategy, SWIFT is rapidly expanding its ServiceNow implementation to rationalize the tooling landscape to achieve cost saving and eliminate redundancy & inefficiency for the product tribes and our internal customers.
In this context, SWIFT is looking for a Senior ServiceNow Developer to enhance the ServiceNow implementation according to its roadmap.
Together with the squad, you will have the ability to participate in the development of one of the fastest growing offerings in the history of SWIFT. You will receive the necessary support from your chapter lead based in Kuala Lumpur to ensure your success.
As a senior ServiceNow developer, your main focus lies in the ServiceNow implementation according to the use cases. You work hand in hand with the other developers of your squad to provide the requested functionalities end to end.
The ideal candidate for this position has excellent ServiceNow technical skills and domain knowledge (e.g. CMDB, ITSM, ITAM)
combined with a real sense of leadership and responsibility. He/She is able to build strong partnerships with internal customers and other delivery organizations inside SWIFT. Responsibilities:
Design, develop, test, install and support programs/systems in line with agreed requirements.
Quality is part of everything you do
Develop and maintain technical documentation.
Design and implement integration and automated tests
Assist with the analysis of requirements and the development of recommendations as to the systems approach to follow.
Prepare specifications, tests, deliverables, acceptance criteria, time frames, etc. for software tasks
Review designs, code, unit test and technical documentation created by other developers.
Analyze problems, develop and propose solutions to more senior team members.
Prepare and study the technical feasibility and estimates of the proposed systems solutions
Work collaboratively with other team members and provide guidance to more junior team members.
Develop and maintain technical documentation, prepare and give presentations to other team members, management and customers.
Provide coaching and training to more junior team members based in KL.
Provide timing/scheduling estimates to team leader and propose corrective actions to time lines when necessary
Develop and maintain strong working relationships with solutions delivery peers and other IT Delivery partners.
Demonstrate customer centricity by working closely together with the internal customer.
Organize an efficient handover through high quality documentation and training. Qualifications:
Minimum 6 years of IT development experience in an (preferably) international setting. Profiles:
• Understanding of web-browsing technologies
including HTML, CSS and AJAX practices.
• Experience with scripting language, primarily Unix Shell, Perl, Python
• Proven experience in ServiceNow development
is a strong advantage (scripting, tool configuration, design work, technical configuration, and deployment)
• Familiarity with modularized & SOA technologies
such as micro-services, REST, SOAP
• Expertise in unit and integration test automation
• Experience in SQL, Relational Database (e.g. Oracle, Postgres), NoSQL Databases (e.g. Elasticsearch)
• Experience with CICD development & deployment
tools such as Maven, Jenkins, Nexus and Git
• Practical working experience in an Agile development (scrum)
• Proven experience as a key technical resource leading the development of solutions
• Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) around all key technical decisions during project delivery
• Knows or wants to learn how to translate business problems into software & technical requirements
• Strong interpersonal skills, customer centric attitude
, ability to deal with cultural diversity
• Proven team player and team builder
• Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies quickly
• Able to thrive in a fast paced, goals and deadlines driven environment
• Passionate about change & improvement and constant challenge the status quo