Senior DevOps Engineer
About the Role
In line with departmental objectives, to provide and ensure specialist support to management, to plan and direct development projects, to optimise work functions and inter-functional processes and to lead technically and/or hierarchically team members while ensuring high quality deliverables. What to expect:
What will make you successful:
- Design, develop, test, install and support programs/systems in line with agreed requirements.
- Be part of an Agile team developing products that require a high degree of scalability and reliability.
- Work hand-in-hand with developers and testers to ensure code deploys and operates to the highest quality standards.
- Define and refine CI/CD pipelines ensuring the development and release of code is as seamless as possible.
- Analyze problems, develop and propose solutions to more senior team members.
- Prepare and study the technical feasibility and estimates of the proposed systems solutions
- Work collaboratively with other team members and provide guidance to more junior team members.
- Own what you create! As part of an Agile team you are the owner of what you build as a team, you care about every aspect of the final product and its performance
- Apply automation, monitoring and visualisation across the architecture.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, prepare and give presentations to other team members, management and customers.
- Provide coaching and training to more junior team members based in .
- Provide timing/scheduling estimates to team leader and propose corrective actions to time lines when necessary
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with solutions delivery peers and other IT Delivery partners.
- Demonstrate customer centricity by working closely together with the internal customer.
- Organize an efficient handover through high quality documentation and training.
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- At least 4-5 years of solid DevOps experience.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Experience working in an Agile Team and a solid understanding of Agile Software Principles.
- Solid experience with Virtualized Linux & Windows Deployments. Cloud and Containerisation
- Knowledge is an advantage.
- Proficient in web server technologies such Apache Tomcat, HTTPD, Nginx
- Application database knowledge: RDBMS, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL
- Solid experience in one or more of the following scripting languages: Ruby, Python, Perl, BASH
- Solid experience in continuous integration/delivery build environment: SVN/GIT, Jenkins, Ant/Maven, Coverage and Static/Dynamic Analysis tools.
- Expert knowledge in either Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
- Experienced in system monitoring & log analysis tools such as ELK, Splunk, Nagios, Prometheus etc.
Professional Skills Requirements:
- Leadership, Creativity and innovation
- Adaptability and responsiveness to change
- Take accountability for delivering results and quality oriented
- Open communication with strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Time management, planning and organizing
- Ability to work well in both a team and individual environment
- Engaged and team oriented
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team. Review LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below :
Cellou Diallo - Software Development Manager
Pravin Babu Nadarajoo - Hiring manager
Chin Ooi Nee - team member