Senior Data Analyst - Mortgage & Hire Purchase
Generate customer centric insights to enable management of product portfolio's across customer life cycle. Scope involves studying customer profile, understanding customer behavior over time and across vintages.
Strategy and Planning
- Interact with Product / Segment teams and understand the context, business objective of the analysis and independently structure the analysis. Manage and align key business milestones with agreed strategic deliverable
- Actively analyze and interpret data to ensure effective customer segmentation, to improve customer acquisition, engagement, retention and loyalty.
- Detect behavioral patterns and translate findings into business actions that lead to improved profitability
- Establish and update profiles (profitability, product holdings) for key customer segments.
- Propose new initiatives in order to further improve the earmarking of customer segmentation in data mart
- Maintain functional expertise in database analytics best practices and the tools that support them
Business Performance and Management
- Partner with P&L owners and jointly develop go to market strategy, in terms of target segment, offer, channel. Build business case and obtain approval from senior management.
- Work with Statisticians to develop predictive models, quantify and validate value and drive implementation
- Create frameworks to unearth addition revenue streams form existing portfolio
- Work effectively in cross-functional teams; lead with strong stakeholder management skills to focus and deliver on financials.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements, CIMB policies & procedures, client mandates, guidelines market conventions, and the Department's policies and procedures.
- Role model and drive activities to encourage and build desired organisational culture, values and reputation in the Group markets and with all staff, customers and regulatory/official bodies.
- Any other responsibilities / task as assigned by management from time to time.
- Able to independently structure analyses, define hypotheses and present areas of business opportunities.
- Entrepreneurial, highly self motivated, collaborative, keen attention to detail, ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Ability to influence and manage stakeholders.
- Ensures all Group Consumer operations are in compliance with Group, local and regional regulations
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements (eg. BNM etc. ) and external auditors
- Bachelor's Degree or Professional Qualification in the relevant discipline (Accounting / Finance / Business / Economics / Financial Engineering.
- Candidate should have 4-5 years of experience of relevant banking background in established bank / financial institutions.