Senior Business Management Manager
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 21 Feb 18 2018-02-21
Senior Business Management Manager
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
HSBC Global Trade and Receivables Finance (GTRF) is committed to helping companies of all sizes from every part of the world grow their business across borders. Offering a comprehensive range of forward-thinking supply chain and traditional trade solutions, the business has been repeatedly recognised by the industry's most prominent publications and associations with numerous awards for its strength in combining innovation and service excellence with end-to-end customer solutions.
We are now inviting qualified individuals to join this team in the role of Manager Business Management GTRF Malaysia (GCB 4)
GTRF is a core product for the Group across various customer segments, including GBM and CMB ( LC, MME and BB ) with a wide range of products/proposition encompassing : Traditional Trade, Receivables Finance, Guarantees and CSTF.
The BM function is a critical enabler in delivering the GTRF revenue target.
The main responsibility of the jobholder is to support the Country Head of GTRF in the following:
- To assist in the delivery of the strategic roadmap and support Country Head of GTRF in day to day management of the business.
- The job encompasses dealing with all parts of the GTRF business and stakeholders, and the job holder is expected to "connect the dots" of various business initiatives in order to ensure consistent delivery of business imperatives
- Help develop and implement various Strategic Initiatives for GTRF across Malaysia with a view to growing revenue / market share.
- Actively support engagement with Global Businesses to ensure a coordinated approach and alignment to objectives.
- Prepare MI packs to enable Country Head of GTRF to advise and guide the Business in sales and performance management as well as planning.
Impact on Business
· Monitor the output of the implementation and effectiveness of AOP/Strategic
initiatives to deliver year on year objectives
· Prepare GTRF business input and contribution to relevant AOP, ATPs and
· Support the development of key initiatives and related business cases
· Prepare papers / presentations requested by GTRF Global teams, Global
Businesses or Functions and regional/ country stakeholders
· Assist Country Head of GTRF in managing the business
· Identify market trends.
Customer / Stakeholder
· GTRF in country Management
· Global Businesses: CMB and GBM
· GTRF Global Functions
· Work closely with Finance and CMB Business Management to help track
business performance, actively understanding variances and policy changes
and their impact. Where appropriate, challenging decisions and practices that
adversely impact the business.
Leadership and Teamwork
· Helps GTRF senior management in providing the "Thought Leadership" steer
· Assists Country Head of GTRF to provide support & guidance in an environment
that is often non-routine, delegated and has conditions of uncertainty.
Operational Effectiveness and Controls
· Ensures consistency in the way business operates across the country
· Identify critical impediments and enablers for the business
· Help develop and maintain sound business performance control principals and
production of supporting MI (non-financial).
· Undertake high impact ad hoc projects
· Operating within a complex matrix management environment
· Helping manage the strategic priority under a dynamic cost environment
· Balancing of priorities and delivery to differing requirements of key stakeholders
· Working under extremely tight deadlines
· Helping Country Head of GTRF manage internal stakeholders (and Service
· Working with teams across multiple customer groups (CMB & GB&M) to
facilitate business growth.
· Limited source of data that need creative sourcing to obtain and a lot of manual
work to translate the data into meaningful MI.
ss Skills & Attributes
- Exposure to GTRF and other Commercial Banking / Global Banking products
- Strong Microsoft excel technical skills
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills
- Ability to cope with pressure in a dynamic, fast growing and moving environment
- Demonstrates sound commercial judgment and strategic thinking
- Independent contributor, who is comfortable working on multiple assignments.