Senior Analyst - Derivatives Clearing Operations
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
• Familiarity with UBIX or equivalent BO system.
• Exchange Traded Derivatives life-cycle management (assign/expiry of options, corporate actions, physical delivery, etc).
• Understanding of the market specifics for key ETD exchanges: LCH, LME, ICE, CME, SGX, HKEx, Eurex, Euronext, NYMEX etc.
• Trade and Position management - position offsetting, gross vs. net position reporting, etc
Efficiency and Delivery
• Basic knowledge of Exchange Traded Derivatives
• Accurate and efficient processing of day to day BAU operational activities including margining, funding, reconciliations, control reporting
• Ensure operational controls adhered to at all time
• Maintain accurate DOIs for process and procedures to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness
• Escalate any exceptions in terms of operational and settlement risks
• Ensuring timely and accurate control reporting to Business and Management
• Report any suspicious trades in accordance to the Anti-Money Laundering Policy.
• Resolve day-to-day issues in processing or escalate as appropriate.
• Proactive engaging approach with internal and external stakeholders (Reconciliation Team, Finance, Traders, Derivatives Settlements) to solve issues, and escalates unresolved issues as appropriate.
Compliance and Risk
• Strong focus on control and protecting the firm and client interests
• Ensures due care and diligence is exercised on day to day operational matters relating to Money Laundering acquiring relevant knowledge and training; thus providing support to superiors and subordinates.
• Responsible for the day-to-day processing, will act under the direction and guidance of a manager.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.