About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Efficiency and Delivery
- Negotiation of Master Confirmation Agreement for Non-Deliverable Forward and Non-Deliverable Option and Equity Derivatives;
- Identify potential clients' opportunities and review opportunities with FMO/Sales/Client Engagement for electronic enablement;
- Working together with Sales/Client Engagement team to propose the appropriate electronic enablement/digitisation solutions for client;
- Ensure client valuations statements are generated and distributed accurately to external clients within the specified turnaround time;
- Control and mitigate the reputation risk in making sure that MTM revaluation statements and agreements are sent to the right recipients on a timely basis, accurately and correctly;
- Work closely with Legal team regarding any legal documentation issues during MCA negotiation and to ensure valuations statements are presented with a standard disclaimer.
- Responding quickly and efficiently to internal and external stakeholders' queries and answering their queries and solving their problems in a professional, timely and efficient manner;
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with various stakeholders;
- Assist with updating the weekly and monthly reports used by management;
- Assist manager to perform regular health checks on the day-to-day Client Valuations Statement process (i.e : KCSA) on a periodic basis;
- Continually seeking new opportunities for improvement for personal and profession development within the team and across the bank;
- Manage and understand the work flow and processes for all processes within the team and to provide guidance and coaching to team member;
- Involve in project work and UAT/UVT testing for any new initiatives;
- Drafting and updating the Desk Operating Instruction from time to time; and
- Assisting the manager to complete the work assigned in a timely manner.
- Service Quality
- Maintains all standards of quality to ensure that the bank meets the customers' total needs and that continuous efforts are made to exceed customers' expectations
- Resolves day-to-day problems or escalates issues as appropriate.
- Understand and master the product and processes well and a contact point on day-to-day issues.
- Networks internally with sales and customer service colleagues to solve issues, and escalates unresolved issues as appropriate
- Responding quickly and efficiently to Front Office and Client Queries and solving their problems in a professional, timely and efficient manner.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Compliance and Risk
- Ensures due care and diligence is exercised on day to day operational matters;
- Follow up on corrective/ preventive actions to a point where concerns arising from these findings are addressed to a satisfactory level; and
- Ensure full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct imposed by the Company/Group.
- Ideally have minimum 1 year's proven experience in a transaction documentation environment
- preferably covering a wide range of Derivatives products;
- Experience with ISDA template transactional level documentation and up-to-date awareness and knowledge of current ISDA activities;
- Knowledge of ISDA terminology and definitions for all Derivatives to be able to negotiate confirmations independently.
- Possess strong communication and inter-personal relationship skills.
- Fluent in English (Spoken and Written)
- Excellent PC skills: MS Word, MS Excel, VBA Skills
- Extremely high attention to detail and a desire to learn and grow within the role.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Able to work autonomously, but also be a good team player.
- High analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.