Are you a former Senior IT Executive (CIO, CTO, VP) and have also been a consultant that can transform how an enterprise views and uses IT with disruptive technologies like cloud computing? Have you personally arrived at a vision of how cloud technologies can fundamentally change how IT engages with the business, creates new revenue streams, streamlines costs, establishes an effective and innovative mechanism with the agility to meet the dynamic needs of the business in the 21st century? Can you work equally well with executives and technologists, shaping and leading highly-visible, highly-impactful projects that are transforming a company and potentially an entire industry?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring Advisory consultants in our Professional Services (ProServe) organization that can be obsessed about our customers and the "non-technical" elements of their cloud transformation journey. Our ProServe Advisory consultants will engage with customers to help them establish their; overall cloud journey vision, their business drivers, how they want to operate in the future, their roadmap to get there, then help them execute upon that vision and roadmap. Our ProServe Advisory consultants will have the vision to map out a customer's entire cloud journey, but then help dive deep in with the customer on the "Business Capabilities" that are required as part of their journey (AWS Cloud Adoption Framework perspectives; Business, Governance, and People).
This role is aligned to an Enterprise / Business Architect advisor that helps organizations look at the overall transformation elements required in a customer's journey and how they engage the business as part of their journey. The ProServe Advisory consultants will have a broad range of skills to engage with the IT and business executives for our customers and advise them on the right non-technical changes required in their journey with AWS. The ProServe Advisory consultants will also be able to have one or more deep dives in; business case development, business architecture, organizational change management, IT Governance, data center migrations, ITSM, ITIL, TOGAF, COBIT, PMBOK, or IT process & compliance.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about: - Engaging with C-level executives to define Enterprise cloud strategies
- Identifying motivators/drivers for cloud adoption and unlocking business value for our customers
- Establishing shared IT service centers for Cloud operations
- Cost/Benefit modeling and creating compelling business cases for migration
- Analyzing and aligning professional learning and certification paths for supporting IT teams
- Developing and promoting governance models supporting the consistent engagement of cloud technologies aligned to institutional strategies and policies
- Generating cloud migration roadmaps and driving buy-in across complex organization structures
- Collaborating with consulting and managed services partners to build and execute plans
- Getting feedback from common Enterprise requirements into AWS service development teams
- Managing the "People" change as part of the cloud journey; Skills, Capabilities, and organizational designs
- Candidates should have experience in the following areas:
- Having held a Senior IT Executive position (CIO, CTO, VP of IT)
- Managing executive Customer relationships and key business stakeholders
- Delivering IT Strategy & Consulting services
- Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman) and identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets
- Enterprise IT management frameworks (e.g. ITIL v3 processes)
- Designing, building, and operating global IT infrastructures
- A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects
- Owning and executing on organizational change management for an overall transformation (cloud preferably)
- Former Senior IT Executive position (CIO, CTO, VP of IT)
- A Bachelor's degree
- Worked on data center migrations or cloud migrations with public cloud providers
- Demonstrated industry leadership in the areas of IT operations, cloud computing, IT strategy, business architecture, or enterprise architecture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including group leadership and executive presentations.
- Be mobile and travel to client locations as needed. Estimated 25-50% travel requirement.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Strong Program Management capabilities
- Enterprise Architecture certifications / Frameworks (TOGAF, Zachman, GGEIT, Prosci, CCMP, EA Practitioner, CEA, Certified Business Architect)
- Track record of conducting a cloud transformation as an AWS customer or consulting with a customer in their own AWS transformation
- Master's / MBA degree preferred
- Experience in an IT strategy & enterprise architecture consulting practice that is focused on Cloud or being in the IT strategy & enterprise architecture role within a company who executed on a cloud migration
- Experience in creating and executing organizational change management strategies as part of a transformation