Senior Administrator, FX Operations (UK) 6 Months Contract
What is the opportunity?
Investor & Treasury Services Malaysia is a processing centre of operational excellence supporting 10 countries across three geographic time zones. The country employs a global operating model to maximize efficiencies across time zones and supports a 24/5 operations.
This role involves day to day processing of RBC Trust clients FX instructions through a dedicated FX Operations (FXO) function which comes under TMS Operations. The team supports the Global 'follow the sun' Operating model for UK region. The target is to ensure alignment with global FXO strategy and standardize FX service delivery to improve operational efficiencies.
Working Hours - 3pm to 12am What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must have
- Perform FX processing (Pre and Post-Execution) tasks on a daily basis: input, verify, validate and settle FX executed by dealing room and sub-custodians.
- Ensure adherence to desk operating procedures, control framework, escalation protocol, risk and regulatory compliance of processing activities.
- Deliver a high accuracy rate and timeliness to ensure superior quality of service to our clients.
- Continuous monitoring of FX Operations team mailboxes [Global FX Instructions, Investigations and Confirmations] to take swift action on instructions/ queries received and do the required follow ups without delay .
- Work collaboratively with both internal [Front Office (Trading desk), Middle Office and other RBC business units] and external stakeholders [Sub custodians/ agents] to ensure the operating model is robust and the risk is mitigated.
- Perform investigation of FX breaks and provide resolution within agreed timeline.
- Ensure focus on sharing the best practices within the team and reporting weak controls/ slippages to FXO management team.
- Contribute to FX projects and initiatives [through ideas/ suggestions] to help improve process and control.
- Strategic / Agile team player.
- Experience interacting with senior management, vendors and external counterparties.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment, demonstrating superior problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong ability to articulate communications both orally and through email to ensure transparency.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver stellar results.
What's in it for you?
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in Finance/ Banking Back Office Operations.
- Knowledge of FX Operations specifically for FWDs, SPOTS and Swaps and market practices with particular emphasis on operational processes for such transactions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of VBA and SQL
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
JOB SUMMARY City:
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A world-class training program in financial services
- A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded
Kuala Lumpur Address:
Level 13, Menara 1 Sentrum, No.201, Jalan Tun Sambanthan, 50470 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Work Hours/Week:
40 Work Environment:
Office Employment Type:
Contract Career Level:
Experienced Hire/Professional Pay Type:
Monthly Position Level:
PL10 Required Travel(%):
N/A People Manager:
No Application Deadline:
10/30/2020 Req ID: