Senior.Analyst, Financial Crime Surveillance
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Review and validate requests for client information (RFIs) received from the Transaction Monitoring / Screening Functions in order to process Risk Events
- Liaise with Relationship Managers, FCC Teams and other internal teams (CDD, etc.) in order to obtain client information
- Review and adhere to the follow up protocol to ensure timely responses are obtained
- Review and validate responses received to determine ability to process the Risk Events
- Liaise with the Functions within the FCSU to identify inherent risks and inefficiencies and work with relevant stakeholders in order to mitigate the same
- Analyse significant financial crime risk events (e.g. SAR's, non-compliant transactions, production orders) to ensure that all connected parties, particularly cross-border are identified and reported at the appropriate levels internally across all relevant jurisdictions
- Apply Group and FCC policies and processes (AML surveillance, client screening, risk assessment) to manage risks
- Identify concerns pertaining to quality of RFIs based on case reviews and feedback obtained from the Business / FCC and liaise with the Team Manager and other members of the Team to resolve such concerns through best practice sharing, fail reviews, etc.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure senior management are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased
- Ensure proactive escalation of potential risks to the management team
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct
- Lead the FCSU to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Relationship Managers (Business)
- FCC Controls representatives in group and country
- Internal Client Due Diligence Teams (CDD)
- BAU Functions
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed "Here For Good" and Group's brand and values in FCSU
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate effectively
- Banking operations experience (Client Due Diligence, payments, trade, markets or other) and client interaction experience
- AML and terrorist financing surveillance skills
- Analysis skills: Ability to analyze data trends and irregular transactions, independently assimilate, analyse and evaluate information from various data sources to determine a course of action (e.g. case closure or RFI), and record and communicate this decision clearly and concisely to Monitoring team and RM's respectively, working knowledge of Internet and MS Office
- Banking knowledge in terms of customers, products and transactions with expertise in at least one customer segment (retail, corporate, private banking, correspondent banking)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.