Sanctions Screening Manager
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 22 Sep 17
Sanctions Screening Manager
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, operational, credit, pension, insurance, compliance, regulatory, market, reputation and geopolitical risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to take on the role Sanctions Manager within our Financial Crime Compliance team.
- Support the Country Sanctions Officer in the implementation of Group and Regulatory Sanctions Policy for the Bank.
- Ensure that the Group's Malaysia exposure to regulatory and reputational risks is managed, in a commercially sensitive, practical and cost effective manner;
- Advise, review and enhance business function's processes to ensure they meet the requirements of the sanctions policy in their day to day operations.
- Investigate and discount all sanctions alerts escalated to the Sanctions team and follow through with the appropriate reviews and reporting.
- Accountable for Management Information (MI) reporting.
- Assist to conduct sanctions related training where required.
- Maintain awareness of operational risk within assigned portfolio and minimise the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting;
- Maintain and observe all HSBC control standards and implement, cascade and observe the Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators.
- Experienced professional in one or more senior risk compliance roles, ideally to include Sanctions experience;
- Extensive knowledge of Sanctions regulations and guidance;
- Significant experience in the financial services industry;
- Lateral thinker with an ability to interpret and solve complex issues;
- Well developed leadership skills;
- Excellent communicator with strong inter-personal and influencing skills;
- Able to work as a team, lead in discussions and conduct training where required;
- Experience in leading assurance work in a complementary discipline e.g. Audit would be an advantage;
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff and guide business functions in meeting the sanctions policy.
- Experience of dealing with regulatory matters and confident interaction with Regulators;