SAP MM Functional Architect
Functional Architect Bachelor's in Engineering or equivalent, Master's in Business Administration.
The role of Functional Architect exists to provide leadership to a Material Management/Warehouse management in SAP ECC engagements in a SAP practice and define tactics to deliver the strategy; build long term partnership in own area with the objective of delivering world class technology solutions to customers within the limits of EAS processes, standards, and guidelines.
- Desired Skill - SAP Certified Associate in SAP Material Management or Warehouse management in SAP ECC and preferably in HANA 1809.
- Domain Skill - Real time SME experience in Life Science domain managing GXP projects
- Business Planning - Bring knowledge, understand trends in existing engagements; evaluate options in defined functional area (solution architecture- domain/technology/product/ infrastructure) and contribute to the annual business planning process; Support activities related to strategic choices in defined scenarios (related to domain/technology/product/infrastructure) and provide inputs on enhancing/rationalization of existing capabilities and services
- Solution Conceptualization - Keep track of industry trends and build/ Provide support in business cases for new solutions in EAS for new solution development in defined functional areas (domain/technology/product/ infrastructure); Review/Lead new solution offerings development by identifying use cases, participate in process blueprinting and walkthrough; Present the business case to concerned stakeholders/business leadership and seek approval; Serve as POC for both client and delivery team assuring projects are effectively governed in terms of solution adequacy; take corrective steps to prevent client escalation
- Solution Definition - Understand the customer domain and his/ her requirements; Interact with Business Analysts / Senior Business analysts for requirement analysis; Analyze CTS capabilities from a domain perspective and identify the operational nuances in meeting customer's requirements; Develop tools and templates; Share analysis inputs with other architects; Recommend best solution; Interact with customer and provide support in finalizing the scope; Clarify queries other architects/teams have on the proposed solution; Monitor progress on project delivery on an ongoing basis and provide support as and when required; Execute maturity assessment and other process improvement initiatives; Execute CBA and create business case ; Create business process architecture and related process flows; Create Process Hierarchies and align KPIs to different process levels; Define Business and Operations KPIs and align with strategic and tactical objectives of engagement; Apply BRM on specific customer problem areas and devise BRM enabled solutions
- Project Support/Delivery - Responsible for client satisfaction, risk and escalation management. Understands client stakeholder expectations and guide delivery team to successful implementation; Review, finalize, and manage overall delivery of solution including business blueprint and design audits, supporting SMEs and consultants form a solution point of view; Support operations in on boarding and enablement
- Asset Development and Governance - Create assets, Build and finalize implementation plan with client and internal stakeholders; Identify re-usable assets and track utilization of assets across projects; Assist in analyzing metrics and feedback from project teams adopting designed assets; Monitor asset effectiveness during real-time implementation; Identify areas for improvement / customization and redesign asset based on analysis; Develop and ensure promotion/adoption of assets.
- Sales Support - Support collateral creation for seminars and industry forums; Provides hands-on, on-the-ground management of medium engagements to assure that growth opportunities are appropriately identified and existing opportunities are mined; Identify new needs in existing clients and share suggestions with Principal/Sr. Architects; Participate in discussions, presentations with customers at a strategic level versus execution or tactical level; Lead RFP response actively in terms of solution architecture and design, effort estimations, risks and mitigation; Lead oral presentation to the customer in area of domain/product expertise
- Client Management/Relationship Management- Proactively build relationships with functional owners in client organization to build long term partnerships; Create and own connect with the right sponsors/business leaders for a given solution; Drive alignment, connects with third party vendor in an engagement wherever applicable; Own Expectation Management, Client Satisfaction Management, and Risk Management in area of domain/solution expertise; Deliver and measure value pre, during, and post engagement and communicate to stakeholders
- Market Scan & Brand Building - Bring deep knowledge of customer business domain/industry within given vertical or domain; Conduct secondary research on domain//industry specific solutions. Bring an understanding of competitive landscape; Identify key trends and forecasts in the domain/industry; Participate/Contribute to conferences with partners, analysts / vendors in area of domain/technology expertise through active mindshare gain - Webinars, White papers, speaking events etc.; Prepare/review collateral, publications, technology papers etc. for distribution; Contribute to opportunity qualification and provide inputs on enhancing / rationalization of existing capabilities and services
- Knowledge Management - Contribute TL, Design, PoV, tools, templates, case studies etc. artifacts into the knowledge management repository; Conduct and facilitate knowledge sharing and learning sessions across the team; Build awareness of the knowledge repository among teams
- People Management - Participate in junior to middle management level talent selection; Set goals for team members and monitor performance; Guide the employee in setting career paths; Co-ordinate with the project/program manager in understanding how the employee can better contribute to the project, seek feedback, and address concerns; Conduct performance appraisal for team members; Organize team initiatives on a periodic basis.