Risk Advisory Sustainable Finance Expert (UN Account)
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now. Summary
Deloitte Southeast Asia is searching for a suitable candidate to join the team of the regional United Nations Account as a Sustainable Finance Expert. Background
The United Nations Account within Deloitte Southeast Asia is fast growing and dynamic. It offers its members an unparalleled opportunity to develop their leadership capabilities and to be part of a team of professionals dedicated to making an impact that matters. In view of its regional expansion, the firm is seeking to hire a Sustainable Finance Expert to support its work for the United Nations and Not-for-Profit and Donor organizations. The position will be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Work you'll do
The Sustainable Finance Expert will work on several tasks, including:
Your role as a leader
- Provide technical assistance for sustainable finance related projects
- Business development and eminence building
- Stay ahead of trends and developments relevant to sustainability and finance
- Research and proposal drafting
- Project delivery across Southeast Asia
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Assistant Manager across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand objectives for stakeholders, clients and Deloitte whilst aligning own performance to objectives and sets personal priorities.
- Develop themselves by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
- Seek opportunities to challenge themselves, collaborate with others to deliver and takes accountability for results.
- Build relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and stakeholders.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where everyone is supported, respected and recognized for their contribution.
Suitable candidates will fulfill the following requirements:
- Master's degree from an internationally-recognized university, preferably in either finance, economics, or sustainable development
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in the area of finance, consulting or sustainability
- General knowledge of the financial sector levers for change as they relate to sustainability
- Ability to analyze Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) issues and to effectively communicate these to clients;
- Excellent analytical capabilities
- International work experience, particularly in South East Asia, is a plus
- Fluency in English (additional proficiency in Southeast Asian or official UN language is an asset)
Potential applicants are advised to submit their CVs and a half-page motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
In Malaysia, the services are provided by Deloitte and other related entities in Malaysia ("Deloitte in Malaysia"), which are affiliates of Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd. Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Deloitte in Malaysia, which is within the Deloitte Network, is the entity that is providing this Website.
Requisition code: ME71-175452-2020