Risk Advisory Expert on Human Rights in Business (UN Account)
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Deloitte Southeast Asia is searching for a suitable candidate to join the team of the regional United Nations Account as an Expert on Human Rights in Business. Background
The United Nations Account within Deloitte Asia Pacific is fast growing and dynamic. It offers its members an unparalleled opportunity to develop their leadership capabilities and to be part of a team of professionals dedicated to making an impact that matters. In view of its regional expansion, the firm is seeking to hire a Consultant to support its work for the United Nations and Not-for-Profit and Donor organizations. The position will be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Work you'll do
The Expert on Human Rights in Business will work on several tasks, including:
Your role as a leader
- Provide technical assistance for modern slavery legislation and labour rights in global supply chain related projects
- Business development and eminence building
- Research and proposal drafting
- Project delivery across Southeast Asia
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Senior Associates across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand objectives for stakeholders, clients and Deloitte whilst aligning own performance to objectives and sets personal priorities.
- Develop themselves by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
- Seek opportunities to challenge themselves, collaborate with others to deliver and takes accountability for results.
- Build relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and stakeholders.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where everyone is supported, respected and recognized for their contribution.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Advanced university degree in development economics, public policy, international development, law or related field
- At least 5 years professional experience working with businesses in areas of modern slavery and labour rights in global supply chains
- Training in due diligence procedures, including risk scoping, impact assessment, supplier auditing, corrective action plan development, training and capacity-building, and performance reporting
- Demonstrated specialist knowledge in the field of social, political and economic development, risk assessment, and monitoring and evaluation
- Work experience in international development
- Knowledge and experience working in South East Asia or analogous legal-political context
- Excellent report writing, presentation and communication skills
- Fluency in English (additional proficiency in Southeast Asian or official UN language is an asset)