Retail Transformation Lead – Retail Transformation Programme
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services Sdn Bhd
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
Lead the implementation of the Retail Transformation project in Retail Banking, and drive the delivery of ‘digital with a human touch’ across initiatives in a timely manner and within budgets, while ensuring alignment with overall Bank strategy and vision
- Lead a small team of direct reports to manage and coordinate the RB Transformation
- Administratively manage the extended COO team based in KL to ensure the team is engaged productive, motivated
- Provide regular feedback and escalate people related issues to the functional managers located in Singapore and elsewhere
Reporting & Monitoring
- Design comprehensive tracking plan for the Retail Transformation capabilities (digital and non-digital programmes) and align them to the waves
- Coordinate efforts and best practices in People and Communication workstreams across markets
- Monitor Transformation KPI’s
- Manage, monitor and assist central RB COO Team in managing Retail Transformation budget
- Ensure appropriate linkages, handoffs and interfaces across the Retail Transformation programmes (as well as other ongoing initiatives in Retail or the Bank).
- Champion project management discipline and support leads with processes, structures, and tools for project and program management.
- Collaborate with the key stakeholders in Business, technology, HR and Finance teams
- Support the risk & process leads with process excellence.
- Provide advice and counsel program leads to ensure the methodology, and tracking for waves is consistent.
- Liaise with program leads / AEs to monitor timelines, KPI’s, dependencies, risks etc.
- Liaise with the respective Transformation leads in country to drive consistency of reporting in country transformation PSCs and assist country in execution
- Escalate program issues and delays, wave execution challenges, benefit realization delays
- Ensure regular (weekly) engagement and communication across stakeholders on progress and status of Transformation delivery plan, as well as any red flags that may impact the program delivery
- Key member of country transformation PSC - report any red flags and help stakeholders for quick handling.
- Provide an integrated view of initiatives coming together from definition through implementation, benefits and implications across RB.
Risk Management and Governance
- Coordinate updates to GPS/GPI/GDOI to ensure projects are landing smoothly in markets
- Ensure tight governance around benefit case reporting and realization for all programs
- Identify, escalate and address risks and issues (in collaborating with the Risk Management Lead) that may impact the programs or waves, including capacity, resourcing, pacing, stakeholder conflict etc.
- Ensure programme implementation in accordance with the Bank’s guidelines on quality and project management as well as adherence to any regulatory requirements
- Provide a governance structure that ensures accountability and enables the predictability of the outcomes across the programmes
- Transformation Workstream leads
- Transformation Country leads
- Project Management Office
- Change Management Board
- Digital Banking team
- Delegated AE
- Business Leads
- Technology and Operations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 15 (and above) years of work experience with at least 3-5 years of experience in running large scale programme management and/or transformation initiatives.
- Experience of working in project environments and leading the execution of complex projects workstreams & deliverables.
- Understanding of retail banking, macro business environment, trends, and competition. Should be able to understand client needs and transition objectives.
- Understanding of the overall digital and technology landscape, current trends and applicability in the banking environment
- Ability to co-relate technology to organizational transformation
- Ability to respond to change, manage in a fast paced matrix environment including across multiple geographies and functions
- Ability to lead and motivate people
- Excellent senior stakeholder engagement
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build and maintain productive lasting relationships, even in difficult situations, with diverse people spanning internal/external organizations
- Ability to influence, negotiate and constructively challenge to achieve productive solutions
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills to effectively convey complex information at all levels
- Project management qualification preferred