Relationship Manager, Priority Banking
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Job Purpose In/outbound ETB advice & sales
NTB referrals from clients
- To proactively acquire portfolio AUM of Priority Clients besides Personal clients.
- Engaging & deepening Affluent & hidden Affluent in advisory conversations with analytics support and collaboration with Wealth Specialists.
- Meeting clients when required (at least once a month).
- Prepare and educate clients to interacting via online, Client Centre
The Role Responsibilities
- Actively acquire and activate new Affluent/potential Affluent clients referred from ETB clients directly to Relationship Manager, Priority Banking.
- Provide advice to Personal Clients approaching Bank with complex investment needs.
Engaging and deepening activities
- In consultation with the BM/STM, draw up monthly plans for achieving new business and customer acquisition goals committed.
- To foster and deepen client relationship by providing regular market information updates and trend analysis on international equities, unit trust, bonds and other investment instruments and follow up calls / visits to assist them in their investment decisions.
- To conduct regular checks on market trends and competitors' programme offering and activities. This is to assist / initiate efforts to increase product differentiation and enhance attractiveness of programme.
- To plan, target and cross-sell integrated business financial services to Priority clients who are self-employed professionals and businessmen.
- Proactively engaging with the "Hidden Affluent" by having complete knowledge of the clients in terms of the :
- profile & assets
- create analytics-backed next best conversation
- sound knowledge in Needs/Anchor products such as : Wealth & Mortagage, CASA, CC & etc.
- To acquire from individual client referrals and actively engaging them during the first 3 months by:
- meeting the client in person to discuss on advisory needs (once a month/quarter)
- connect client with specialists
- set up products holding
- conduct/connect for periodic CDD
- conduct fulfilment & activate
- Supporting the client on any client-initiated needs by:
- Proactively reaching out to client for advice discussions
- Delivering on transactions, service requests, mobile/online training
- Updating CDD
- Managing Client's credit situation
Acquiring on referrals
- Refer most servicing activities to Client Servicing Managers (as and when request by clients)
- To recommend improvements in operational processes, procedures and products based on customer feedback to ensure constant enhancement of service levels and efficiency.
- To comply with all applicable money laundering prevention procedures and, in particular report any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and line manager.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Act on referral leads assigned within timeline
- To solicit referrals from other sources.
- To conduct a professional, consultative financial analysis and profiling session with Priority clients by:
- Meeting, listening and determining further needs
- Setting up anchor products & initiate cross-sell
- Conduct/connect CDD
- Educate and conduct initial set-up for online, ATMs, Client Centre and Branch
- Enhanced multi-product Priority knowledge
- Market and competition knowledge
- Possess all relevant investment & insurance certifications and licensing
- Presentation and soft skills tailored to engaging Affluent Clients
- Internal stakeholder engagement skills
- Closing deals
- Ability to drive and manage client interaction
- Good communication & presentation skills
- Negotiation and objection handling
- Client training on digital solutions
- Discipline and good time management to handle a client portfolio
- Ability to solve problems and close issues without handing over
- Strong analytical ability
- Understanding of Priority CDD principles
- Interpersonal and complaint handling skills
- Bank's product knowledge
- Understanding of policies and procedures
- ABM rules / Bank Negara FEA regulations
- Branch Operations Manual (WEBOM) /MIC/ group circulars/bank policy and tariff of charges
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.