Relationship Manager, NBFI – Financial Institutions Group
Client coverage to include insurance, fund managers and other institutional investors in Malaysia. The key objective of the role is the proactive development and marketing of financial solutions with the objective of meeting the client needs while maximising the total return of the group from each client and the portfolio.
Product Coverage to include Transactional Banking, Lending, Foreign Exchange, Money Markets, Interest Rate Derivatives & Debt Capital Markets.
Specific roles and responsibilities include:
• In conjunction with FI Head, to develop and implement a strategic & tactical plan for each client based on knowledge of clients industry, growth projections and funding strategies & objectives.
• Relationship development & marketing to existing clients plus business development to prospective clients, including coordination of the deal structure and closing sufficient transactions to meet agreed revenue targets.
• Achieve planned earnings and contribute to profit, ensuring that revenue is maximised from all clients and that minimum ROE/RoRWA targets are met. Full accountability on client income across all products.
• Drive the account planning process, including completing and maintaining relationship plans, files notes and call reports. Engage and gain commitment of product specialists on client product solution and delivery.
• Develop industry knowledge as a platform to advise clients, and demonstrate an in-depth understanding of all clients' goals, objectives and strategic direction. Provide ideas/initiatives that enable the bank to differentiate itself & increase the level of business with clients. Qualifications
- At least 5 - 8 years experience
- Sound understanding of cash management, treasury and lending products and how these can be structured and customised.
- Able to provide technical advice and guidance to clients and internal stakeholders on lending products and deal structuring (capital market funding).
- Good people skill - especially ability to relate to senior management within client organization.
- Advanced selling skills and committed and motivated to work on transactions diligently and independently.