Relationship Manager, Medium Enterprise - KL 1 Menara CIMB MY
To actively lead the management of a portfolio of existing commercial business customers in a dynamic fashion by proactively deepening existing relationships whilst effectively weeding out weaker or potential distressed customers as well as adding new customers of the required quality and quantity in line with the Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss objectives of Commercial Banking Division and the Group.
- Conduct customer profitability analysis and account strategy formulation with the help of product specialists, as required, for both existing and potential clients. Execute the account strategy plan including cross-selling activities or phase-out activities.
- Be the first-line primary contact person for the customer on all queries relating to credit, deposits and other products and services including on operational issues.
- To develop and maintain professional customer relationships with key decision makers (viz. CEO, CFO, Head of Treasury, Head of HR etc).
- To develop new business relationships by identifying suitable prospects and using various means of communication and visits to seek out suitable business opportunities . Understand Know-Your-Customer processes involved and carry out proper due diligence when on-boarding a new customer.
- To perform financial & risk analysis, evaluation and decision-making and to submit well written credit presentations/memos/proposals for approval by the relevant Approving Authority based on the rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines of the Bank and those of relevant regulatory authorities, as applicable.
- Coordinate with other product lines, departments and units for overall development of the portfolio including tapping on cross-selling opportunities as well as ensuring prompt and proper delivery of relevant services.
- To conduct a periodic health check on the portfolio of customers including but not limited to an annual review of the credit-worthiness of existing borrowing/financing accounts, to ensure and to confirm that all legal /security documentation is intact and legally enforceable, insurance policies are current and renewed on expiry, in addition to ensure that data is correctly and accurately updated in the system after disbursement or any changes requested.
- To proactively monitor the asset quality of customers in the portfolio by detecting early warning signs and to promptly undertake or initiate debt/ financing restructuring, rescheduling or legal recovery action, as applicable.
- To undertake any other related tasks as determined by the management of the Bank from time to time.
- To take accountability in ensuring credit files are properly maintained.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 3-5 years related working experience with a financial institution in a similar role
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to analyse and understand financial statements
- Strong negotiation and communication skills in English (both verbal and written)
- Motivated, self-driven individual with strong commitment to integrity, professionalism and teamwork
- Good understanding of the domestic and regional business environment will be an advantage
- Able to work independently, be disciplined when carrying work functions and maintain professional work ethics.