Relationship Manager, Commercial Banking
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- To execute and deliver towards the growth of Commercial Banking Business in line with Group's strategies.
Sales and Portfolio Management
- Build and expand existing client relationships through pro-active contact, account planning, wallet sizing and effective pipeline management.
- Identify and prioritize activities to maximize revenue contribution from allocated client portfolio.
- Provide advice on potential financial solutions based on identified needs
- Origination and structuring of deals based on client needs jointly with product partners as appropriate
- Consult and recommend strategies where account management or recovery is needed on problem accounts, assisting credit in identifying sources from minimizing loan losses
- Work effectively across geographic borders with customers to deepen relationships with the Bank.
Account Plan and limits ownership
- Completion of Account plan and securing requisite approvals;
- Ongoing scrubbing of limits to ensure they are necessary and structured so as to use RWAs efficiently;
- Maintaining a catalogue of all limits (actual and proposed) and their rationale / use liaising with FAMs across the SCB network as needed if applicable.
BCA Preparation and Management
- Timely and accurate completion of BCA
- Ownership of documenting Parental Support, where applicable;
- Completion of ESRA, GWWR and A&S (FM suitability) assessments;
- Preparation of Raptor;
- Proposing Covenants and Risk Triggers, in discussion with Credit Analyst teams and Risk;
- Ensuring coherence of entire BCA package (including part II), jointly with Credit Analysis;
- Liaising with Credit colleagues post submission to expedite turn around times.
- Taking the lead in executing documentation with clients, in partnership with LDU and/or external counsel where appropriate;
- Maintaining a catalogue of all documents held for portfolio clients (facility, security and related);
- Ensuring all documentation remains current, including through the proposing and management of DDWs where necessary;
Partnering COBAM and other operational related responsibilities
- Partner COBAM in ensuring all CDD and related policies and procedures are followed;
- Completion of Sanctions questionnaires, RRRC submissions and similar, liaising with the client as necessary
- The role will be accountable for minimising all Astar overdue and expired items, as well as for reporting requirements around Astar items (particularly Early Alert names).
- The role holder will be accountable for all Excess and Past Due management and related governance
- Monitor and release offerings on Client trade transactions where applicable
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Support continuous improvement of the operational efficiency and effectiveness of processes to increase the consistency of systems and processes.
- Support the framework for effective management of operational risks across the Business and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations at a global level.
- Support the execution of Business strategy in a safe and well-controlled manner and on an end-to-end basis - incorporating infrastructure requirements and ensuring that they are fit-for-growth.
- Follow and comply with AML CDD policies and procedures where applicable
- Ensure internal / external KYC requirements are adhered to
- This role encompasses the processes under the ORF such as Client Due Diligence, On-boarding and Account Management, Static Data Monitoring, Credit and Credit Monitoring and Client Offboarding.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Ensure compliance to the Group Sanctions Procedures
- Ensure adherence tp all the local regulations (i.e., Bank Negara Malaysia) , guidelines and policies
- Internal - Credit, CRC, ITO, COBAM, Operational Risk, GIA, Legal, Compliance
- External - Clients, Lawyers and Valuers
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.