Relationship Manager, Business Banking
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Achieve the target set for the team in terms of clients, solutions and PPC.
- Work closely with other channels to manage any migrated clients and explore new opportunities.
- Achieve "best in class" productivity of the Relationship & Sales Team.
- Manage costs within the budgeted levels.
- Review and revise relationship profitability
- Constantly develop and manage alternate distribution channels for sourcing and referrals.
- Develop and Implement Promotions and Below the Line activities in conjunction with the marketing function.
- Achieve the budgeted cross sell targets.
- Participate in Sales calls with RMs to acquire large prospective customers.
- Implement performance scorecards and sales contnts.
- Help to grow CASA balances to the budgeted CASA ( Conventional & Saddiq). This team also responsible for increasing revenue for FX, wealth and cross sell BWC if required by clients
- Implement monitoring mechanisms to measure the productivity of each relationship & sales staff.
- Monitor the quality of sourcing of products to evaluate developmental needs of the sales teams.
- Drive the relationship & sales system towards quality standards where risks are well controlled.
- Derive insights to Competitor Sales activities and effectively counter the efforts.
- Continuously provide feedback to the Head, Business Banking & Product Manager of the acceptance of the products & processes in the market and suggested changes that could provide impetus to the sales efforts.
- Monitor the depth of all relationships acquired. Achieve the maximum "share of wallet" for each customer acquired by the sales team.
- Continuously upgrade and innovate sales techniques and innovate sales techniques to maximize productivity.
- Set business performance standards for Acquisition, Relationship Management & Cross Sell
- Monitor Operational Risk Management of unit & compliance with process & regulatory reporting.
Group Standard Compliance Performance Objective
- Managing risk and compliance as part of the role.
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Understand and comply with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions, the Group's policies and procedures and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
- Adherence to laws and regulations, internal risks and compliance policies and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Completion of all mandatory risk and compliance training including e-learning within stated timeframes.
- Proactive identification of risks and concerns, including escalation to all relevant stakeholders.
Timely mitigation of risks and resolution of issues including collaboration with all relevant stakeholder functions and establishment of effective controls.
- Manage, motivate, mentor and develop the team.
- Development and counselling needs for staff.
- Lead a team of Relationship Managers (including recruiting, motivating and coaching employees to deliver goals.
- Increase Relationship Manager team performance in terms of overall profitability and strategic fit.
- Provide clarity to team on what excellence means for their roles.
- Strong individual engagement with team members.
- Successfully develop and retain talented individuals.
- Attrition level lower through peer group through tight management.
- Coach and provide technical guidance to individual team members agreed.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.