Regional Director, Northern
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description Responsibilities:
Sales and Customer Service
- Developing and executing on the strategic direction and value proposition for branches, as servicing becomes more digital.
- Maximise branch revenue by bringing in new business, supporting Agency Directors and company's sales activities
- Ensures that New Business submissions are processed in a timely manner
- Develop an effective co-location strategy between the Investment Management and Insurance branches, ensuring that we leverage our brand and resources to maximize our accessibility to customers and agents.
- Work with Agency Directors to ensure that branches are meeting expectations for both agents and customers, varying by region as required.
- Drive the adoption and roll out of digital tools in branches, supporting agents and customers.
- Provide support to agency force including joint field work, coaching and mentoring
- Drive workforce efficiently and ensuring optimum resource allocation in branch establishment, locations, and setting specific targets in each geography.
- Driving best in class customer NPS through meaningful interactions with both Agents and Branch staff - actively obtaining feedback from customers and branch sales team on areas of differentiation (eg. product, process, pricing, servicing).
- Manage Branch teams to deliver optimal performance through coaching, motivating and mobilizing improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for all sales, recruitment and marketing inventories at branch e.g. forms, bunting and brochures
- Oversees branch network, ensures smooth running of Branch Operations
- Plan and drive overall business performance through the branches using metrics to identify areas for improvement.
- Use LEAN approaches with the Branch team to drive continuous improvement in processing throughout the branches, challenging the status quo to improve customer experience.
- Lead the management and closure of risks and issues inherent in Branch operations, working with internal teams and Bank Negara as required.
- Ensure safety and maintenance of branches, timely renewal of branch rental agreements, utility arrangements, internet bandwidth services, and business continuity planning.
- Maintain service agreements for utilities, internet connection, printer service, cleaning services, and ensures that vendors are delivering high quality services. Ensures safety and maintenance of branch premises, timely renewal of branch rental agreements, utility arrangements, internet bandwidth services
- Facilitate trainings for staff and agents
- Sets branch services offering and monitors service quality level to ensure optimal customer satisfaction
- Ensuring that escalated complaints and issues are actioned to in a timely manner and escalated to Senior Management within 24 hours
- Reporting of Branch activity and productivity levels
- Alert to risk issues which are inherent in the daily running of branch activities, and reports new and existing incidents which are risk-related to Risk and Compliance and Bank Negara within the stipulated time period. Responsible for branch level risk management including business risk, reputational risk, operation risk and financial risk
- Works closely with distribution partners to provide the necessary support and services, particularly at crucial periods such as month-end closings
- Ensures that branch commitments to turnaround times are met for all services
- Works with all business partners in the back room to continually expand and improve the level of services being offered to customers
- Continuously identifies process gaps and works on process improvements to improve service quality.
- To provide leadership and guidance to all branch staff to ensure effective coordination and drive cost selling activities.
- To maintain an environment which promote success, teamwork and professional growth Key Performance Indicators
- Responsible for adherence to internal and external compliance policies (local authorities included)
- Responsible for petty cash and all monetary collection at branch
- Responsible for general maintenance and good up keeping of branch premise including maintenance of tenancy agreement.
- Responsible for general maintenance and good up keeping of appliances, furniture, fixtures and fittings at branch premise.
- Responsible for good and appropriate usage of UTMA and UM/AM rooms and allocated space for advisers' use.
- Responsible for efficient and appropriate use of training rooms including training room usage calendar.
- Responsible for branch staff management
- Responsible for Branch Operations budget planning and expense management
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
- Degree from a reputable University.
- At least10 years working experience in insurance or financial services industry, preferably with experience heading Branch Operations.
- Good interpersonal skill.
- Proven leadership skill in people management.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of September 30, 2019, we had over $1.2 trillion (US$881 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.8 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.