Regional Data and Infrastructure Engineer
Strategy and Planning
- Manage regional decision management team with data and infrastructure needs.
- Design and Implement data warehouse for Decision Management (campaign and insights) across region
- Responsible for supporting Big Data Platform for regional initiatives.
- Responsible for Supporting Big Data Platform by providing R,Python Packages as per request plan on future upgrades and provide stable and secure platform to Data scientists.
- Create Data model based on business requirement.
- Create process to support key data initiatives and Modelling algorithm for in-house data scientist for the Group.
- Develop ETL Jobs to load data into Big Data platform for country specific logicial partioning
- Manage user access to the system with different grouping across region. Initiate all Infrastructure upgrades for Data platform including patches upgrade, enhancements and License renewals periodically.
- Review and assess the current utilization and requirement for current infrastructure in terms of technology and capacity for Region
- Liaise with different system owners to understand source system changes and plan downstream impact management
Business Performance and Management
- Develop and implementation of Big Data products/services and marketing communications and/or campaigns to ensure that they are implemented effectively to its targeted customers and that targets and budgets are achieved.
- Develops network and ensuring responsible communication with stakeholders to enhance investor relations in the local and international markets.
- Role model and drive activities to encourage and build desired organisational culture, values and reputation in the Group markets and with all staff, customers and regulatory/official bodies.
- Manage user access to the system. Initiate all Infrastructure upgrades for Big Data platform including patches upgrade, enhancements and License renewals periodically.
- Point of contact with Oracle Support vendor for technical issues. Responsible for maintaining Big Data Lake.
- Develop in-house capability for Data Engineering stream, train and reskill the existing resources.
- Work across the Region (Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand) to champion and share Data Management best practice.
- Ensures all Group Consumer operations are in compliance with Group, local and regional regulations.
- Support Head of Customer Data and Infrastructure with Key Data governance issues.
- Defining data retention policies and Security Matrix for users.
- Candidate should have background in Bachelor's Degree or Professional Qualification Financial and Engineering or equivalent.
- Candidate should have a minimum experience in the following:
- 10 years of experience of relevant banking background in established bank / financial institutions
- 5 years of prior experience in Data Engineering
- Understand and translate business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions.
- Create logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy.
- Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects.
- Define and design overall EDW architecture for regional Decision Management.
- Experience working with large data sets in enterprise data warehousing environments
- Proficiency programming in Java, Scala, R, Python, etc.
- Experience with Cloudera Distribution of Hadoop System and Managing services using Cloudera Manager.
- Candidate with the following skills and knowledge will have an added advantage:
- Added Advantage for having experience in Abinitio, Oracle Big Data Appliance and ODI.
- Proficiency with Hadoop v2, MapReduce, HDFS
- Good knowledge of Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive and Impala
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks, such as Flume
- Experience with building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Spark-Streaming, Storm or Kinesis