Product & Advice Control Manager
Some careers open more doors than others
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Wealth and Personal Banking is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world's largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Across Asia, where wealth pools are growing faster than in any other region, HSBC's wealth revenues grew 12% in 2019 (year-on-year) to USD5.7 billion. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking for individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers' needs.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Product Advice & Control Manager. Principal Responsibilities
- Drive wealth products and advice control against Group standards, deploy Wealth Risk Management Framework, manage a robust WMOC process, coordinate and deliver actions with key stakeholders.
- Inform Sales & Distribution and Business Performance on compliance, sales quality, and T&C for the regulated sales force under their control, in collaboration with SQ teams.
- Assure sound research, advice and product development efforts by effective engagement with Wealth Product teams, Financial Planning, Investment Insights and Business Implementation in relation to customer experience and regulations.
- Coordinate Wealth Audits with relevant parties, BRCM, GIA, ORIC, CMP as appropriate and to ensure customer solutions adhere to regulatory requirements.
- Take on such roles and or projects as directed from time to tim e
- Accountable with Business Performance and CVM for process improvement of Wealth Management products and services
- Drive deployment of initiatives to improve the customer experience across products ensuring delivery on time, within budget and ensuring innovative, competitive products that support the propositions are made available or developed, as appropriate
- Assure the level of oversight and control in wealth products and advice
- In conjunction with Head of Wealth ensure product and regulatory technical knowledge, meet HSBC and the regulatory requirements
- Establish robust product management processes and controls, including the deployment of new product governance, ensuring customer focused thinking
- Identify opportunities for P&L improvement and drive delivery of these opportunities
- At least a bachelor's degree in any field
- Experience preferable in Fund Houses or Financial Institution's Wealth Management Division or Risk and Compliance division
- Strong knowledge on Regulatory Guidelines pertaining Wealth Management Products
- Leadership and Decision Making skills
- Strong numerate and analytical skills.
- Excellent communicator both written and orally and able to influence others whislt maintaining excellent interpersonal relationship.
- Detailed oriented and able to take initiative, capable of prioritizing and handling multiple assignments.