Responsible for leading the Application Modernisation programme in building new and reengineering existing applications into highly scalable and robust payment systems. The objective of the role is to partner both the internal and external stakeholders to drive the execution of new forward enabling system solution to align with the organization’s directions and missions.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Responsible in leading, managing and implementing the system solution delivery, development, and post implementation support across Card applications like MEPS ATM or Shared ATM Network and MyDebit.
- Own the existing functional and technical solutions, and responsible in achieving SFA: Advance ecosystem engagement – transparent collaborative mindset and governance in exploring, realizing and managing scheme is key to sustainable and optimal adoption of digital transaction services – Building robust and scalable platforms that would take advantage of the AWS Cloud-based services, API Gateway adopting simplified format, Developer Portal and One Stop Portal to accelerate merchant onboarding, and automated testing to improve productivity, if applicable.
- Lead the applications alignment to the adoption of Cloud-based and DevOps methodologies such as API, AWS, Google Cloud, Okta, Jenkins, GITLab, Terraform, Postgres, ELK, Grafana and etc into a highly availability and scalable platform to meet industry demands and projections, if applicable.
- Own the existing business and technical requirements, covering end-to-end process from design, specifications, development, and support stage related to these retail services.
- Accountable for end-to-end software delivery and post maintenance and applying right solutions towards each incident by working closely with various Subject Matter Experts (SME) to explore various solutions on new and challenging problems.
- Responsible in leading end-to-end on existing system integration, migration of production system with internal and external parties to ensure a successful implementation, when necessary.
- Coaching and mentoring senior and junior team members by providing guidance and influences various software team based on past expertise and skillset through code review and technical documentation.
- Degree in Computer Science with a minimum of 9 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a high-pressured System Integrator environment – exceptional self-starters will be considered.
- Experience in the IT banking, Card Payment or FinTech sector would be an added advantage.
- Advanced level knowledge in Linux/Unix/Windows OS or HP NonStop (Tandem)/AS400 platforms
- Must be adept at programming in midrange – Java, J2EE, .NET, Web Services (REST, SOAP), integration patterns and experienced in Spring and Hibernate frameworks or mainframe (Tandem) – Base24, TAL, COBOL, C and TACL or AS400 - Ruby, IBM JCL and EuroNet’s ITM application.
- Experiences in HP NonStop (Tandem) Enscribe File or DB2 / SQL databases.
- Added advantage for having experiences in performing systems automation using tools like Ansible / Chef / Puppet / Jenkins / Mavens / etc to drive any of the following: system deployment, software management or deployment in a Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment fashion.
- Added advantage for having experiences in online transaction processing, ISO8583/20022 specifications, EMV/MCCS standards.
- Possess advance knowledge and experiences in ATM/POS and self-service terminal operations, technology and standards such as NDC; integrations with Schemes, self-service tools and monitoring, API Webservices, high-availability, TCPIP networking for terminal and ATM/POS security standards.
- Implementation experience with:- SMTP, Tomcat, Apache, Oracle WebLogic, Oracle DB, JBoss, Spring, Grafana, Prometheus, Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana among others will be an advantage.
- Implementation experience with Cloud offerings from AWS, Azure or GCP such as EC2, ECS, S3, Route53, ELB, Stackdriver, RunScope, PagerDuty, SaaS, PaaS, DBaaS will be an advantage.
- Recognized expert. Provides extensive advice and assistance on significant matters on its area of specialty.
- Requires expert mastery of principles and practices of area of specialty.
- Leads complex projects and programs in area of specialty.
- Able to resolve complex problem independently and provide right approach / solution based on expertise of area of specialty.
- Freedom of act and thinking are based on the mastery of principles and practices of area of specialty – freedom to work based on the rightful judgement without need to get upline / leader to review.