- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services Sdn Bhd
- 18 Apr 19
Technology power's Standard Chartered Bank's vision and strategic agenda through the provision of innovative and efficient technology solutions; we will deliver greater value to our business stakeholders; we will improve the skills and flexibility of our people and work more effectively with our internal and vendor service partners.
The Technology Support organisation sits within Technology Services under the Information Technology and Operations (ITO) division of the bank. The Technology Support function is responsible for providing 24x7 RTB application and Infrastructure support to all business lines within the bank namely CIB, RB, CPB, Group Functions as well as all internal systems managed by ITO. Technology Support - Platforms is responsible for providing support for Windows, Tandem, Mainframe, GRID, Virtualisation and Middleware platforms. The team is located in the UK, Dubai, Chennai, KL and Singapore.
There is a need for a Windows SME with deep technical knowledge to work with application and development teams to strengthen the relationship and improve the overall Windows service. The role will need an individual to have high level of working experience in enhancing and introducing new Automation in the windows estate of SCB. The role will require frequent interaction with the wider global Windows team including second line peers also aligned to other business lines, application support team members also within tech support, development teams, group information security as well as internal ITO risk and control teams and Audit. The individual will also be rotated through the Standard Chartered Bank Collective and Intelligence Centre in KL (CnC). The centre is staffed with best-in-class infrastructure/software engineers, incident managers, operations specialists and service partners. As a world class facility, the CnC aims to be the centre of excellence in the banking industry. All Development and application teams from the 4 business areas will be represented in the CnC. The primary purpose of CnC is to manage high severity incidents and to proactively monitor for issues before they result in a high severity incident, when high severity incidents occur the focus is on restoring service as quickly as possible working with all technology teams also co-located in the CnC.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- SME role to provide third line Windows support to major business line.
- High Severity incident management.
- Root Cause Analysis.
- Automation tools management
- Operational Risk Management.
- Security management.
- Transition to service.
- Technical reviews & tools assessment.
- Performance/stability reviews/improvements.
- Service Improvement Plans.
- Prioritize work to successfully deliver service in a diverse environment.
- Put forward ideas to improve automation and/or efficiency, and own through to implementation.
- Drive Delivery/Engineering teams to provide fit-for-purpose solutions as required.
- Adhere to Change Control and Fault Reporting Procedures.
- Work closely with Windows/Database/Network/Market Data Infrastructure teams to improve service offering.
Qualifications & Skills
- 15+ years experience of Windows engineering, design, system implementation & administration.
- 5+ years experience of Citrix engineering, design, system implementation & administration.
- 5+ years of experience on various virtualization products (E.g. VMware/VDI).
- 5+ years work experience on various Clustering products.
- 5+ years' work experience on deployment and enhancement of various Automation tools /frameworks
- Experience in BladeLogic Server Automation is a plus.
- In depth understanding of AD & DNS.
- In depth understanding of all aspects of networking.
- In depth understanding of all aspects of storage systems
- Clear understanding of Enterprise security policies and procedures.
- Clear understanding of industry standard monitoring products.
- Advance level skills in scripting / automate windows administrative tasks.
- Certification in Citrix.
- Certification in Microsoft.
- Exposure to regulatory requirements for production banking systems.
- Exposure to creation of infra dashboards and control frameworks.