- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 17 Feb 18 2018-02-17
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Offering a diverse range of legal skills and jurisdictional experience across the full range of countries and territories in which our businesses operate. Group Legal plays an important role in the day-to-day and long-term planning activities of all of our businesses around the world. Responsible for providing comprehensive legal advice to senior management and all Group functions, the team advises on and takes an active involvement in all business and operational strategies and initiatives, from legislative and regulatory matters to the setting of policies, standards and procedures for guarding against and reporting on legal risk and reputational management issues.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Paralegal.
The principal daily responsibility is to provide legal support by:-
· Managing court orders received by HSBC Malaysia by conducting trawl with the relevant stakeholder for prompt response to be undertaken by HSBC as an organisation.
· To work with legal counsel to appoint external counsel to attend to garnishee orders / injunctions and follow through on the court process.
· Support legal counsel by accessing the government gazette website for publication of laws and circulating newly gazetted laws to the legal team on a monthly basis for assessment of business impact.
· Tracking monthly review of standard documents by legal counsel and updating the Project Key database accordingly.
· Ensuring that the previous standard drafts are removed and stored in the archived folder and that the Project Key database contains the most recently reviewed template.
· Maintain the litigation database (updating database with progress on litigation against HSBC Group Companies in Malaysia or staff).
· Updating Legal Intranet / LVTS / Business portal / Group Intranet as and when required.
· A minimum requirement of Bachelor' Degree is needed for the role.
· At least 2 years of relevant experience.
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
· Meticulous and detail-conscious.
· Good drafting skills and clear thought process.
· Some legal knowledge or experience would be preferred.
· Must be able to read and understand court orders