PAMB | Assistant Manager, Compliance
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
Assist in designing and implementing compliance programmes, policies and procedures to ensure that the Business Functions conduct their business operations ethically and in accordance with applicable local laws, regulations, guidelines and regional compliance standards. PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide regulatory compliance support, guidance and advice to Business Functions in regard to regulatory changes and updates.
- Disseminate regulatory changes (BNM & LIAM) to Business Functions at least on weekly basis.
- Assist in coordinating gaps analysis on regulatory changes with the relevant Business Functions and track action plans to closure.
- Keep track of reply/notification/correspondence from the relevant Business Functions to BNM and LIAM circulars or correspondences.
- Support the Management on any regulatory compliance issues as they arise.
- Assist to develop or update Regulatory Compliance procedures and checklists.
- Assist to roll-out changes to Regional Compliance Standards to Business Functions and complete gap analysis and track actionable items to closure.
- Assist in preparing compliance reports to Audit Committe, ExCo, PCA Compliance or any other relevant stakeholders.
- Assist in reporting to PCA Compliance and to Senior Management, any material or significant compliance breaches or potential breaches of regulations.
- Assist in liaising with Regulators, PCA Compliance with regards to regulatory examinations or reviews.
- Represent the Department as compliance advisor in major initiatives or projects of the Company.
- Conduct compliance training to the relevant Business Functions to improve their understanding on governing regulatory requirements. Update compliance training materials, as appropriate.
- Carry out any assignments as may be assigned from time to time.
- Degree in Finance/Accounting/Business Administration or other related discipline.
- At least 3 years related working experience; working knowledge in the area of Compliance or Auditing function would be an advantage.
- Good command of English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Knowledge of insurance, banking, asset management or other related financial services operations.
- Good understanding of compliance principles and best ethical practices
- Good understanding of regulatory guidelines governing the insurance industry or other related financial services.