Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm practices disciplined entrepreneurship while building on a long tradition of serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership.
- To support the daily operations of the department, and ensure accurate and timely trade settlement
- To perform post trade functions such as trade confirmation, order reconciliation, contract notes generation, etc
- To ensure trade settlements are performed in an accurate and timely manner.
- To liaise with counter parties, clients, and custodian banks on daily trade settlement arrangement.
- To liaise with bankers on inwards and outwards funds of trade related transaction
- To perform end of day cash book reconciliation.
- To verify the account opening documentation for client on-boarding and account set-up in various systems
- To prepare regulatory reports and internal reports
- To attend briefings and information sessions conducted by the regulators.
- To assist with local, regional and regulatory related projects.
- To work closely with the department head in the review of work flows and propose appropriate changes to the process to address the recommendations made by regulators, internal and external auditors.
Key Experience & Skills
- Relevant working experience in Operations, preferably in Settlement
- Strong client/customer service orientation and oral/written communication skills with ability to handle difficult situations.
- Able to stay back till 8pm and work on weekend if needed
- Be around during crucial hours from 4.00pm to 7.00pm
- Knowledge to back office system, preferably Nova system or equivalent. Also regulator systems such as Bursa CMF, Bursa CDS and ARMADA system.
- Good positive willing to learn attitude