Operations Executive - Risk Management
- Provide guidance and advisory support to Operations Service Centre (OSC) at branches/BOD and relevant stakeholders to ensure best practices are adopted and adhered to.
- Work closely with OSC Branch Leaders/BOD to ensure no high risk findings and compliance with operating & regulatory requirements.
- Acts as facilitator and collaborates with all Business Units across divisions on matters pertaining to risks and controls associated with branch banking operations/BOD including working closely with various Risk Business Partners eg ORM, RCU, R&P and BNM/Internal/External Auditors.
- Conduct gap analysis and risk assessment on processes to identify risk exposures, evaluate risk severity by applying risk management tool eg Risk Acceptance Control Matrix (RACM) and develop preventive/detective control measures to mitigate risks associated with branch banking operations/BOD.
- Design and improve standard operating procedures to ensure robust operational risk management processes are implemented to mitigate business risks effectively. Processes are adequately documented and operating manuals are constantly revised and updated.
- Monitor and follow-up with stakeholders on all audit observations and ensure timely closure of these audit issues.
- Conduct training programs on risks and controls subject matters with the objectives to enhance risk cultures, and provide support and guidance to OSC/BOD staff in managing operational risks effectively and efficiently.
- Prepare and submit reports/attestations/dashboards to relevant authorities/parties on a timely basis.
- At least 5 years working experience in risk management eg ORM/RCU/R&P/Audit.
- Possess good analytical and critical thinking skills in order to evaluate risks and controls adequacy.
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements governing branch banking operations and operational risk management framework.
- Good leadership & strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to work effectively in a team and able to analyse issues independently.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.