Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
- We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
- Being part of our Local, Regional and Global Operational Department
- Responsibilities in overseeing and assessing governance, control system and work done within the local divisions preventing and managing the risk of material losses from inadequate or failed internal processes, people and systems or from external causes whether deliberate, accidental or natural.
- Responsible for trade verification, confirmation, settlement, and prepare payments to clients
- Prepare local regulatory reports
- Internal & external client contact and support.
- To able to take over exchange-facing BAU tasks including operating the clearing system operated by the exchanges, clearing house and depository
- Manage all depo breaks, queries, exchanges/depository transfers
- Liaise with custodians and relevant banks to ensure timely settlement
- Any other administrative tasks assigned by the Head
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application
- Preferably at least (1) year of relevant working experience in the Malaysian banking industry, including back office, settlements and operations
- A university degree in a related field, (business administration, economics or similar)
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Integrity and the ability to think independently, good analytical and problem solving skills.
- A real interest in financial markets and products.
- Willingness to assume responsibility and ability to prioritize, along with working well under pressure.
- Knowledge of financial markets and controlling, as well as experience in consulting, will be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge in Excel macro will be added advantage
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.