Mortgage Specialist - BKB
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 22 Jan 18 2018-01-22
Mortgage Specialist - BKB
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management leverages HSBC's global retail banking expertise and wealth management capabilities to deliver a broad range of world-class retail banking solutions to millions of customers. Driving for growth in key markets around the world, the business comprises areas such as retail banking, wealth management, insurance and asset management, with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels that will differentiate our customer experience and deliver market leading retail banking and wealth management solutions.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Retail Banking and Wealth Management team in the role of Mortgage Specialist working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
- Responsibility to grow the Mortgage business, cross-sell retail banking products and refer potential Premiers customers to Personal Relationship Banker or Managers.
- To lead the Personal Banking proposition to ensure opportunities are identified and customer needs are met effectively, maximising all available resources.
- To ensure the growth of the portfolio of customers they are responsible for generating mortgage business and making referrals for Premier and Wealth needs to the branch.
- The job holder will need to work closely with the branch Advance Manager, Premier Relationship Banker and Managers to ensure continuous inwards referrals for mortgage needs.
- To continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Compliance with the relevant Group standards including GHQ, HBEU and the Regulatory organisation as applied to the implementation of the RBWM strategy in their country
- A minimum requirement of SPM is needed for this role.
- At least 1-3 years of experience in mortgage products in banks or financial institution is required.
- Proven ability in customer relationship management
- Ability to analyse financial priorities and influence customers to take appropriate action to meet their needs
- An broad knowledge of financial planning and defining customer needs
- An understanding of the needs of the mass affluent customer segment in general
- A full understanding of referral processes
- An understanding of the Mortgage, Advance and Premier Propositions
- Excellent sales management skills and excellent understanding of customer need .
- Customer driven with a strong focus on quality of service
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- An Proficient in English and local language
- Attain appropriate professional and regulatory qualifications as required by market
- Only Malaysians are encouraged to apply.